L5512RVFP not working

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Decay, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Decay

Decay

Hi

Yesterday I replaced a L5512RVFP relay and the new unit was working fine. Today is seems to have failed. The new relay is not responding to inputs from C-Bus input units, new relay has no LEDs on and C-Bus Toolkit cannot find it over the network. There is power to the unit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Decay, Dec 3, 2012
  2. Decay

Brendan Rogers

Have you carefully checked the C-Bus cable and connections connecting to your 12 Channel C-Bus relay?

Brendan Rogers, Dec 3, 2012
  3. Decay

Decay

Hi Brendan

Thanks for your reply. The connections are correct. I have confirmed that there is power to the unit and the unit looks dead (no LEDs and not seen over network by toolkit). When I did replace the unit I confirmed that all the outputs worked correctly and could see the unit from the toolkit. The following day it looks as though it has died. I thought I better check here just in case there was a oversight on my part.

Any other thoughts? Thanks

Decay, Dec 3, 2012
  4. Decay

Roosta

Hello Decay,

Just out of interest, what was wrong with the original L5512RVFP you replaced a few days ago?

Cheers..

Roosta, Dec 3, 2012
  5. Decay

Decay

Hi Roosta

The replaced unit had been operating for 7 years. The unit recently had some intermittent failures and then failed. There was evidence of water getting into the unit for a leaking pipe. Fixed the leak and replaced the unit with the one that has now apparently failed after one day.

Decay, Dec 4, 2012
Ask a Question