L5512RVF...won't toggle

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ewiz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. ewiz

ewiz

Hi there, I have a L5512RVF wired as follows (see attached). Unit and C-Bus lights are working but I can't toggle the channels on/off using the local override. The load remains constantly ON.
    Any clues? Thanks in advance

20170611_144001 (Medium).jpg

ewiz, Jun 11, 2017
  2. ewiz

DarylMc

Unless you have managed to make a wire strand bridge 1A and 1B together I think the relay is stuck on.
    There should be an indicator light on the toggle button if the relay is activated.
    Maybe the contacts are welded shut or maybe the indicator led is not working.
    You can test that.

Remove the power, use your multimeter and check the relay channels are all open circuit.

The local toggle buttons might have been disabled in software.
    If that is the case they wont work until you connect the relay to a cbus network and reprogram it.

DarylMc, Jun 12, 2017
  3. ewiz

Wonkey

Connect a key input unit to the relay unit and then put it in learn mode and learn channel one to a key.
    Exit learn mode and retry.
    Colin

Wonkey, Jun 13, 2017
  4. ewiz

ewiz

All contacts are open.

This is my next step. Which I won't be able to do until Friday so I'll let you now then.

Thanks for the tips so far.

ewiz, Jun 14, 2017
  5. ewiz

ewiz

I tried that. The output unit goes into learn mode, the input units lights go of as planned but then they all flash randomly and the key doesn't learn.
    I'll hook it up to the toolkit on Friday and try to reset it and check for overrides. Thanks!

ewiz, Jun 14, 2017
  6. ewiz

ewiz

Hi, It's me again. I still can't get the outputs to toggle. It's connected to the CBus Network and alive, but I can't control the outputs from the GUI either. Here are the tabs.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ewiz, Nov 4, 2017
  7. ewiz

Ashley

You have all the turn on thresholds set to 100% so it will only turn on if the GA is greater than 100% which is impossible. Normally they are set to 0% so any value above 0% will turn on the channel.

Ashley, Nov 4, 2017
  8. ewiz

ewiz

Hi Ashley, Thanks for responding. I changed all to 0% on your advise and no difference.

[​IMG]

ewiz, Nov 4, 2017
  9. ewiz

znelbok

Does the relay do this when you have a C-Bus cable plugged in. The other reason is that the remote overide is ON but from memory all the channel LEDs would be on as well - and if this was the case then you have a bad termination on the C-bus cable.

Do you hear relays clicking as you toggle.

Create a group on the first channel, connect your key input and assign the same group to it as On/Off and listen for the relay clicking as you turn it on and off. if there is no clicking then the relay is stuck on - either by software or mechanical (i.e. stuck0. You confirmed that they are all open - is this when the power is off the relay or when on.

Disconnect the lamp and power to the relay but leave the power to the control side of the relay and power up and again and (listen for any clocks) and then check again for an open or closed contact

znelbok, Nov 4, 2017
  10. ewiz

ewiz

Hi Mick, A C-Bus cable is connected.
    Regarding "clicking".... interesting.... when I toggle locally, 11 of the 12 relays make a barely audible click when toggled on and the local channel indicator light goes on - but the lamp remains on all time regardless. I just can't get the lamp to go off!!! I'll mess around later with different channels, but I think it's time to get a new unit and test this dodgy unit against a new one. Thanks

ewiz, Nov 5, 2017
  11. ewiz

Ashley

I noticed you also have auto level restore set for all channels so it will power up in the last state. Try resetting the unit back to factory default. It should power up will all channels off. Then delete it from the database, re-scan, set the unit number, then set all channels to a ga assigned to a switch and see if any will toggle.

Ashley, Nov 5, 2017
  12. ewiz

DarylMc

ewiz
    The relay may well be faulty but it is hard to see just how you have gone about testing.

One of the pics shows relay unit 33 network dialogue with no active clock and no burden selected.
    Presumably at the time you had it plugged into a working network with a burden and active clock?

There is no "remote on" showing (good).

In the original pic the relay is clearly making a circuit somehow.
    Yet you say it is open when you power off the relay.
    Maybe it's worth a try to get your electrician to turn it upside down on the bench and give it shake and tap in case some copper has fallen into the thing.

DarylMc, Nov 5, 2017
  13. ewiz

ewiz

Update: This malfunctioning unit is in a working installation of 10 dimmers and 20 Saturn switches, so the network is working well with power & burden.
    I gave up troubleshooting this unit and ordered a new one. When I get that in 2 days I'll run both on the network and see if this was a software config issue or a hardware issue. Thanks for all your help and advice so far!

ewiz, Nov 8, 2017
  14. ewiz

ewiz

Update: I received the new L5512RVF and it works perfectly. I can't see any difference in configuration with the one which did not work. So I probably have a defect unit.

Btw, I now a defect L5512RVF and a defect L5512RVFP. :-( Is it common that these units fail Often? Any tips on prolonging their life? Thanks

ewiz, Nov 12, 2017
Ask a Question