L5512RVF unit in rental property

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ldoublee, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ldoublee

ldoublee

Hi all

I'm a bit of a C-bus noob - I've just moved into a new rental which has a L5512RVF which has 2 x RJ45 ports with the title "C-Bus Connectors" above it. I have been doing some reading online about using a Raspberry Pi which the C-Gate software and homebridge to facilitate automation through Google Home/Alexa.

Only 1 of the RJ45 ports is populated at the moment, am I able to use the second port and get serial access to be provision the automation or am I going down the wrong path.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lee.

ldoublee, Feb 17, 2020
  2. ldoublee

lcrowhurst

No this a for the Cbus network only, you will need to connect a cbus 5500pc to that port , then connect the RPI to the 5500PC.
    Although I prefer using a Wiser 5550Shac/NAC (or a CNI) and the connecting the RPI via the network

lcrowhurst, Feb 17, 2020
  3. ldoublee

DarylMc

Further to what Laurence said NEVER plug any ethernet device into the 30V CBus RJ45 ports.
    Also some serial devices eg CBus RS232 PC interface 5500PC have RJ45 sockets which are for serial device connection not ethernet.

DarylMc, Feb 17, 2020
    lcrowhurst likes this.
Ask a Question