L5512RVF communication problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Grahamiwa, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

I have a L5512RVF on my network that seems to have a communication problem.

The unit light is steady green but the C Bus light does not illuminate at all.

When it is plugged onto the network the whole network goes down. I have tried to plug the PC interface directly into it but there is no communication there.

I am able to manually toggle each of the outputs so am I crooect to assume that this unit has an internal communication fault?

Is it possible to manually reset this unit at all?

I am guessing that it will need to be sent back for testing and possible repair??

Does anyone have any suggestions as I am in the Philippines and do not have a satisfactory local contact for C bus

Grahamiwa, Feb 19, 2015
  2. Grahamiwa

DarylMc

Hi
    There are a few things you need for a CBus network to test the device on its own.
    Power supply (if correct the part number you supplied has one), network burden, system clock and an interface.

There are methods to activate the software burden and system clock manually without a CBus connection which you should easily find on Google.
    Toolkit wont get a CBus connection until you have a system clock and network burden

The relay may be faulty but you need to do this to be sure.

Get a burden, clock and power supply going on the relay then try connecting with Toolkit.
    Maybe you could take the relay out and give it a bang about in case some copper has fallen into it.

DarylMc, Feb 20, 2015
Ask a Question