L5512RVF all channels turn on

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by paulw11, Dec 21, 2012.

1. paulw11

paulw11

Hi

I have a C-Bus installation that was installed in April this year. It has been working fine, but in the last couple of weeks one relay has started randomly turning on all channels every few days.

The group is off as indicated by the status LEDs on input units and the C-Bus diagnostic MMI. The LEDS are off on the relay itself. It doesn't appear to be remote override and I have disabled local override on the relay.

Simply pressing an input unit twice will reset the group/channel. The first input turns on the group (and the green LED on the relay) and then second press turns the group and relay off.

Other relays in the installation are operating normally. So, it sounds like it is a faulty relay?

Anything else I should try?

Thanks

Paul

paulw11, Dec 21, 2012
  2. paulw11

Keltt

all channels turn on

Hi!!!

I have the same problem with dimmers and relay. It worked fine a couple of months. One day relay and dimmers has started turning on all channels.
    Any ideas???

Keltt, Jan 17, 2013
  3. paulw11

zx9

I use to have a similar problem and then worked out that it was only happening on really hot days. i replace my dimmer unit and it's worked fine ever since

zx9, Jan 18, 2013
  4. paulw11

tobex

a) Power down the CBUS / power up

b) Check burden and clock.

If you have set a parameter to "full power upon power loss", it can happen if your CBUS power supply is faulty / failing / brown outs / damaged.

tobex, Jan 18, 2013
  5. paulw11

paulw11

Thanks Tobex.
    The installation has 5 relays and a dimmer and everything else seems to be working OK, so I think burden and clock are fine. I am using the burden and clock in the CNI of my Wiser - would another unit be a better choice? (I think I have a hardware burden around somewhere...)

I have set the unit to all channels off on power restore as I thought that may be the issue, but it didn't help.

It did seem to be worse last week when we had a couple of very hot days, although the unit is installed an insulated room, not in a garage or ceiling space (The units that are in my garage were/are fine).

I have contacted Clipsal support and will see what they say - I suspect it could be a faulty unit.

Paul

paulw11, Jan 21, 2013
  6. paulw11

ICS-GS

Hi Paul,

Just out of curiosity what version of toolkit are you running... and when did you upgrade?

I am having similar problems which i think were compounded when i upgraded from 1.12.1 to 1.12.5, rolling back made some issues i have go away... i think.

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Jan 31, 2013
  7. paulw11

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Do you have any more information? After a few hiccups with 1.12.0 - 1.12.4 we are under the impression that 1.12.5 is fairly stable in the field, there are no more urgent fix packs planned, only regular development. So anything causing a rollback from 1.12.5 is something we're keen to hear about.

daniel, Jan 31, 2013
  8. paulw11

ICS-GS

Hi Daniel,

As a bit of background... http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9153

I believe i may have some "damaged" equipment within the network, but trying to isolate this down to the component level in a fully functioning home is presenting some challenges.

But in trying to pin point this... some errors / difficulty in accessing the network, and individual units with 1.12.5 seemed to have gone away since rolling back to 1.12.1 for some reason.

I may be dealing with multiple and simultaneous issues, but have definately noticed an improvement (or easing of my frustration) since the rollback.

If it helps most of the problems seem to not lie with simple input units, but mostly with the NEO / advanced generation of product, being the key inputs and multi sensors.. as well as reflection and DLT's.

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Feb 8, 2013
Ask a Question