L5504AMP RGBW Dimming 0-10v Drivers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ivan E&I, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Ivan E&I

Ivan E&I

L5504AMP channels to separate led drivers with 0-10v input , each driver is supplying power to a RGBW strip one for red , one for green so on...

4 drivers for RGBW with common + for all drivers, works without 0-10v connected , connect individual led works , connect red, blue power only = purple 0-10v NOT connected .

Once L5504AMP is connected to each driver, and power up, all off, press button on L5504AMP ch1= red color that colour comes on, press the next and the color goes off white! press again no change, until powered off, retest with out 0-10v input connected to drivers, all ok... press button on L5504AMP ch2= green color that color comes on same any other it goes off white as if all are driven ?

note 1: I,ve fitted stopping diodes on all cable connections, as well as L5504AMP Ch to stop any feed back - NO change?

note 2: I've only controlled this via button on L5504AMP - is there advance settings to change state in cbus i should try??

note 3: the L5504AMP works fine with single led (White) dimms fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
    Ivan E&I, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Ivan E&I

NickD Moderator

Hi,

I've read your description a few times but still cannot quite understand what you're saying.

A diagram of your setup might help. Also maybe some detail on the drivers.

Finally.. controlling the AMP outputs from the buttons on the unit itself will only toggle the outputs between Off and On... you can't dim from them.

Nick

NickD, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Ivan E&I

Ivan E&I

Ok

Hi Nick will do!

Attached is PDF of driver spec's

Attached Files:

Ivan E&I, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Ivan E&I

jboer

Hi Ivan,

Just checking that you have both the + and - of the 0-10 connected. You only have one wire in your drawing. It wont work very well if you only have the + connected as it means your analogue is floating and wont work very well.

jboer, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Ivan E&I

tsman

Your LED drivers don't look like they're designed to handle the common anode configuration you've got for your RGB LEDs.

tsman, Aug 5, 2016
Ask a Question