L5501RFCP Ceiling Fan relay - DLT labels and capacitor size

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by cmlp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. cmlp

cmlp

Hi,

I have just acquired a L5501RFCP and have just connected it to my network to test. I have set it up as a Master unit transmitting labels to a DLT. I have it sending the labels to the DLT correctly, but was disappointed to note there is no facility for custom label (font, etc). Is there a way to use a custom font that I am missing?

I have purchased a wall switch for our fan (from Beacon) but unfortunately the capacitor is approximately 1 mm too large to fit inside the cavity of the L5501RFCP. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on externally mounting the capacitor (it's a 2uF/3uF CBB61 series) - I note that the L5501RFCP has three small holes to allow you to pass wires through to the terminal block so I assume this is not all that an uncommon arrangement. Alternatively, does anyone have any good ideas for sourcing similar but smaller capacitors?

I also have a 5751PEIRL multisensor that I have programmed a Logitech Harmony to talk to. This should be a wholly better (if substantially more expensive!) arrangement than the terrible remote control/electronic speed control supplied by Beacon that results in the fan getting slower as the room gets hotter!!

Cheers,
    Chris.

cmlp, Jun 22, 2011
  2. cmlp

Newman

With the DLT you have a choice to make. You can use the standard font in the DLT and have the Fan Controller change the labels on the fly, our you can create any label you like on the DLT (custom font, graphic, etc) but these are static and cannot be changed dynamically. You can't do both.
    The holes in the case, both on the bottom near the terminals and the slot in the side are to allow capacitors that don't fit to be mounted externally.
    I'm suprised to hear that a 2uF/3uF capacitor doesn't fit. You could go to just about any fan/light shop and get a replacement capacitor of this sort so I don't think you'd have any difficulty sourcing a smaller one.
    If the reason for the slow-down is heat in the electronic speed controller then you will have solved that problem. If the reason for the slow-down is heat in the fan motor then that problem may still persist.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    Newman, Jun 22, 2011
  3. cmlp

cmlp

OK thanks. Maybe in a future update :)
    I might try another shop then. I had to inform the Beacon staff that they even sold the wall switch separately so the chance of them understanding what I am after is pretty low I think!

That's what I was thinking and I am hoping the issue is in the controller, obviously. Do you think one is more likely than the other?

Thanks for the help.

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    cmlp, Jun 22, 2011
  4. cmlp

Newman

I think it's more likely to have been the controller too, so here's hoping. :)

Newman, Jun 22, 2011
Ask a Question