L5501RBCP shutter relay

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodricj, Jun 22, 2009.

1. brodricj

brodricj

In the logic of the shutter relay, is there a switching function happening between N Supply and SW/N or is this always a closed contact?

Also, in the programming of the shutter relay in toolkit, is it possible for shutter UP timer to be a different value (10 secs say) to shutter DOWN timer (25 secs say). Reason being, for a short press UP I want the shutter to go half way up, then another short press UP to go all the way up. And for a short press DOWN I want the shutter to go all the way down whether it was half way up or full up?
    So 10 secs for each short UP press and 25 seconds for each short DOWN press will get the shutters working as I want.

I am presently using 2 relay channels/shutter in this fashion for the control I want, and I want to achieve the same control but using the shutter relay.

brodricj, Jun 22, 2009
  2. brodricj

NickD Moderator

It is switched. This is what the SW means.

No.. the timer is the same in both directions.

To achieve something similar, you could make a long press on the key set the position to half way. To do this, set the Up key to "Shutter Open Toggle", then go to the "Key Functions" tab and the change the key microfunctions to Idle, Recall1, Recall2, Idle, and finally, go to the "Blocks" tab and set Recall2 to 50% on the block that key is assigned to.

Nick

NickD, Jun 22, 2009
  3. brodricj

brodricj

Thanks Nick. Can I put in a request for a future toolkit update, if do-able, to be able to assign different timer UP and DOWN values for the shutter relay? When I start mixing long press and short press functions on KIU's the wife aggravation factor goes through the roof :( I really need to keep things as simple as possible with short presses only!

If only you guys can do a toolkit update where a long press on a KIU makes wife disappear :D

brodricj, Jun 22, 2009
  4. brodricj

Newman

The same timer is used in the unit for both the Up and Down timing. The unit would need to be changed for this to happen, not just Toolkit.

Newman, Jun 23, 2009
  5. brodricj

brodricj

Following on from all this. How can I print the help topic for the shutter relay when my computer is not connected to a printer? Under Toolkit Help>Print>General>Select Printer: it gives me the choice Microsoft XPS document writer. Can I print the help topic to PDF or text or some other format where I can put it on a thumb drive and then plug it into my Mac which is connected to a printer? It will be most helpful for me in learning the shutter relay functions to be able to print the help topics.

I guess it's a long shot to ask when the Toolkit for Mac version is going to be released :D

brodricj, Jun 23, 2009
  6. brodricj

Newman

Newman, Jun 24, 2009
  7. brodricj

NickD Moderator

Not a long shot... the answer is probably never.

For now, I run it under VMWare Fusion on a mac and it works fine.

Nick

NickD, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question