L5501RBCP C-Bus shutter Relay

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by dellboy13, Jul 20, 2019.

1. dellboy13

dellboy13

Hi all wise ones, is there a way to program a button press on Saturn or E2000 switch to operate the up on a L5501RBCP C-Bus shutter Relay for a set amount of time then turn it off.

What would be really cool, if the same button pressed a second time would operate for a set period of time in the down, ie a toggle operation.

I have tried a number of different option on the switch and can not seems to get it to work even on the timer option.

Mark

dellboy13, Jul 20, 2019
  2. dellboy13

Ashley

What are you trying to accomplish? If you just want the set the blind etc to a fixed position you can do that directly by sending a percentage value to the shutter relay. Value 1%, 2%, 98% and 99% are interpreted as special toggle functions, but all other values will bet the shutter relay to that percentage.

Ashley, Jul 20, 2019
  3. dellboy13

dellboy13

Hi Ashley, The problem is that I’m not intending using the shutter relay in the normal way. I have a couple of the shutter relays left over from an install that were never used, so I’m trying to use the relay to send a release command (complete a circuit) which needs to be about 3 or 4 seconds. Then ideally the second relay contact of the shutter relay to send a lock command (again a complete circuit). The common on the circuit is the same for the release and lock.
    I know this is not a conventional use of the shutter relay but I can’t see why electronically it would not work, if I can work out how to send an ‘open’ (ie release) command to the shutter relay for 3 seconds and then the open circuit is stopped. Then on another button press a close (ie lock) circuit is made for 3 seconds and then that open circuit is stopped.
    When ever I try it the relay opens the open circuit for 3 second and then drops it and instantly opens the close circuit and keeps that circuit going indefinitely. Is there something with the shutter relay that stops this working? I thought it was basically the same as the way a shutter motor works, with the obvious differences. I thought the shutter relay was basically a relay with a common and then 2 different relay circuits off that common

dellboy13, Jul 20, 2019
  4. dellboy13

dellboy13

Actually I have just worked it out, you have to disable Level Translation mode under the global section on the shutter Relay, then set the time required on the circuit on the Fail safe on the shutter relay, works a treat now on single button on/off mode

dellboy13, Jul 20, 2019
  5. dellboy13

Ashley

Well done. You can also open both relay by sending a Shutter Stop command in Level Translation Mode (this is a ga value of 5 (or 2%). So using a timer in a switch set Short press to toggle, short and long release to re-trigger timer with a expiry command of Recall 1 with Recall 1 set to 2%

Ashley, Jul 21, 2019
Ask a Question