keypad emulation

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by Ambro, May 14, 2014.

1. Ambro

Ambro

I'm working on a CTC interface with a homesafe5400 alarm panel & have hit a problem.

The CTC seems to emulate the special function 'security keypad' fine for the numbers and enter key. However the arm, panic, fire, vacation, night, day buttons do not trigger the desired function from the alarm panel.

I have been told by CIS support to use the special function 'security arm' with the 'away' button to arm the panel - and this works fine.

However I can not see a way to get the panic button and fire buttons to work.

Any workarounds/ things that are causing the 'security keypad' emulation not to work?

Ambro, May 14, 2014
  2. Ambro

rhamer

Those functions are likely not implemented in the alarm interface.

The security application protocol documents describe a generic interface which different manufactures implement to different levels.

You can gain an insight by running the C-Bus diagnostic utility and looking at what functions are available on the security tab.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, May 14, 2014
Ask a Question