Keyboard Input

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by Weedo, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Weedo

Weedo

Morning all,

Just having a little play at home on the ctc and I have been creating a page in the games room to keep score of the darts or pool. One hurdle I have come across is I would like to be able to write the player names onto a spot on the screen. The ctc obviously has a on screen keyboard available (schedule & Scene input). Is there a way to tap into this keyboard and display the input into a textbox?

Cheers
    Brent

Weedo, Feb 4, 2016
  2. Weedo

jboer

Hi Brent/Weedo,

Just saw this, I don't have a CTC to try it with here but I think this will work, seems to using PICED:

Make User defined System I/O for your name fields: ie Name1 , Name2 make sure you have the type as String.

You can then use 'Place Tool' to add an IO field with the I/O which will display your names.

Then add a button to change the names, and under the 'Special Function Tab' choose 'System I/O Edit' then 'Specific I/O' Choose the I/O for the name you want that button to edit. Click ok, you should now have a button that wiill bring up a window, if you press the pencil next to the 'Value' field you can change the name to be displayed.

It would have been nice to be able to have a better window and read it using logic, but the Logic manual has this gem: Pg 44:
    So I am going to say that you can't :-(

There could be a better way, but that is what came to me tonight :)

jboer, Feb 13, 2016
Ask a Question