Joining Two Matrix Switchers

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by *JD*, Jan 30, 2006.

1. *JD*

*JD*

Hello CIS,

If I take the digital audio out of zone 8 for example and input that into the digital audio input on a second switcher, will I have a compatible link. I can't see why not? :confused:

Regards,

JD
    Home Smart Home

*JD*, Jan 30, 2006
  2. *JD*

RatDeSewer

Hi JD,

The Digital input is compatible with the Digital output on the Matrix Switcher, so you can do what you are suggesting. We did look at trying to automate source selection in this mode and decided there were too many undesirable side effects, hence there is no support for this mode. Too complicate this there is no Lighting Application support in the Matrix Switcher for source control (all Lighting to Audio Application translation is done in the amplifiers), so you wouldn't be able to change source. That's not to say it can't be done - it's just messy.

At this time I would recommend that the Digital input be used for adding an additional audio channel using a Distribution Unit. It may also be used for future modules (nothing in the pipeline yet, only suggestions floating around).

Cheers

RDS

RatDeSewer, Jan 30, 2006
Ask a Question