Job Opportunities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Jones, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Project Manager - BMS

* International Company
    * Victorian and Interstate Projects
    * Career Progression and ongoing development.

Our partner is a world leader in building automation and control systems and due to continued growth and an impressive project pipeline they require an exceptional project manager to join their team.

Within this role you will be expected to deliver multiple projects including BMS upgrades to existing facilities and new construction projects. You will in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, provide supervision and assist in the direction of field engineers and supply instruction in all aspects of project management. Working closely with the business development team it is expected that you will contribute to tenders and budgeting to deliver the best possible result for their clients and to the overall profitability of the region.

To be suitable for this exciting opportunity you should have established experience in project management with an exceptional knowledge of building automation systems and HVAC. You should have either a mechanical or electrical engineering degree or trade qualification with excellent written and oral communication skills.

This role offers the right candidate the
    opportunity to lead and direct multiple projects for a company that promotes quality and innovation in both their products and staff. For further details please contact Andrew Jones on (03)8610 9617 or [email protected]

Andrew Jones, Aug 27, 2009
  2. Andrew Jones

ashleigh Moderator

I'm really not sure that this forum is the place for postings like this.

If other members think it is Ok, please say so. Likewise, if not, please say so.

ashleigh, Aug 27, 2009
  3. Andrew Jones

Lucky555

Andrew,

Looks like you are really stretching here.

You may or may not know C-Bus (world class lighting and control system) is a Clipsal product. Clipsal is owned by Schneider Electric.

TAC is a tier 1 commercial BMS company also owned by Schneider Electric. Now there is a better than even chance that the position you are touting to fill is in fact a TAC position.

Either way you are really stretching to fill a BMS project managers role from the people who use this forum.

Then again, - someone might know someone who knows someone.

PS. BMS types think lighting control is spare digital I/O and some contactors in an electrical switchboard.. :rolleyes:

Lucky555, Aug 27, 2009
  4. Andrew Jones

Darpa

I have no problem with people posting job opportunities on here, as long as a) The job involves C-Bus, and b) they are not promoting other companies products in the course of the offer.

Product marketing for non cbus items on the other hand, no way.

That said, I don't see anything at all in Andrew Jones' post regading anything to do with C-Bus, but he also doesn't mention any specific company's products at all either.

Darpa, Aug 27, 2009
  5. Andrew Jones

CC&C

The refreshing thing about the C-Bus forum is that it is largely devoid of this type of SPAM. Where will it stop? I'd say its not OK and that's because I can only see negatives down the track.

Lucky555, I actually have 10 years experience with both TAC systems and C-BUS systems and in fact one of my first projects in the Building Services industry was installing both into the same building (TAC was CSI back then). Whilst its certainly valid to sterotype, there are a few of us 'freaks' who sit on the periphery of the hardcore.

I should also declare that I have no interest what so ever in the position. I have enough experience with the products ....

CC&C, Aug 27, 2009
  6. Andrew Jones

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Would people be interested in a separate forum (eg. "Caveat Emptor") for non-CBus products, jobs, goods for sale?

daniel, Aug 28, 2009
  7. Andrew Jones

Lucky555

With experience like yours, you would understand what I mean when I say, most BMS types think of lighting control as spare I/O on a DDC controller.
    It is nice to know "there are a few of us 'freaks' who sit on the periphery of the hardcore"

I agree with your spam comments and negatives down the track. I think that is why Ashleigh asked the question.

PS. Whilst we debate the topic it looks like we have seen the first and last of Andrew Jones

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    Lucky555, Aug 28, 2009
  8. Andrew Jones

znelbok

I don't see a problem with posts like this at all. I think we should encourage them. We have seen posts in the past where people are looking for work or experience in C-Bus and what better place to go to than the C-Bus specific forums.

There would obviously need to be guidelines that would need to be adhered to.

Lucky555 - there are some here that are suitable qualified (if not overqualified) for that type of role.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 28, 2009
  9. Andrew Jones

ashleigh Moderator

Asking for work experience is something I don't have a problem with.

A commercial organisation using this site as a place to post their job ads is. Use seek, and pay for it.

** I have no objection to the idea of us, or somebody, or Mr Admin our benevolent dictator) running a cbus employment / work wanted site. But it should not be here, this site is technical. And if its done (wherever) I see no reason why it should not be a paid-for service (just like seek, or your local newspaper classified ads). After all... if you want that kind of benefit why sponge off the technical people for free when you have to pay everywhere else? And besides, we could shove the income at Mr Admin to help pay the cost of running things :)

Just allowing this kind of thing in here on an on-going basis w/o guidelines results in a descent into spam, which would be bad.

ashleigh, Aug 29, 2009
Ask a Question