Java, Javascript, Active-X controls and Flash on Colour C-Touch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by KevinH, Aug 18, 2009.

1. KevinH

KevinH

Is there any possibility you would consider enabling any or all of these four within the Colour C-touch browser - perhaps limited to sites that are on the same intranet (subnet) as the C-Touch itself ? Or is it already cast in stone that this is just not going to happen.

Javascript
    Java
    Active-X controls
    Flash

I know some are more contentious than others eg Active-X's and you're very worried about virus issues but lack of these is proving very restrictive given the abundance of sites and even basic local appliances that now use them.

My music system, video recorder , telephone call logger, weather station, alarm system and even my broadband router all use these so cannot be integrated easily into C-touch. Quite why I'd want the latter though is not something I can reasonably present ;-). I can't even check on eBay or most Google apps.

Can you not defer the consequences to the user ?

K

PS I personally would love RDP, plus the web server enabled in HomeGate - but that's another topic...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
    KevinH, Aug 18, 2009
  2. KevinH

ashleigh Moderator

Things which open up security problems and that in turn let hackers fiddle, break the image, and then return the expensive product for a replacement are not something we consider.

So these won't be changed for out-of-the-box shipping.

Sorry.

It does run windows. If you can figure out how to change things then good luck to you BUT DO NOT RETURN IT IF YOU BREAK IT. If you change the standard software settings and bust it, its your problem. There will be no support and no warranty.

ashleigh, Aug 18, 2009
Ask a Question