IT guys i need your help!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jmac, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Jmac

Jmac

Hi Guys

I'm not an IT person, but I'm trying to learn (the hard way) ive been trying to get my Marpa project to transfer to my MRA but it keeps failing. When I go to device manager and look at the ports I can see the matrix switcher (when plugged into the usb) but I get an error saying it cannot verify the digital signature.

SO what I stupidly did was double click on it and clicked the driver tab and selected uninstall device (including drivers) because I thought I could just reinstall it. Turns out NOT and now in device manager where it used to say "PORTS" it now says "other devices" and when I replug the MRA USB cable into that port it says unknown device, but if I plug the USB into another port it recognises it as a matrix switcher as well as saying PORTS (but still with its code 52, but one problem at a time hey)

Does anyone know what I have done and how to fix it? I am using a brand new HP Pavillion x360 with windows 10. I have also attached a paint picture to show what it looks like when I plug into the port I uninstalled the device and also when plugged into a different port

I expect abuse hurled at me as I shouldn't be messing with things when I don't know what I'm doing. Sorry but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Attached Files:

Jmac, Dec 24, 2017
  2. Jmac

znelbok

Maybe uninstall the utility (MARPA) completely and then re-install.

What you are seeing is normal when plugging into different ports. Its basically a USB to serial adapter and when using different ports it will give you different COM port numbers.

Windows is seeing the driver as an unsigned driver so try googleing how to use unsigned drivers - Schneider has enough money that they should be able to do signed drivers by now!

Try this
    http://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/

I'd go Solution 2 - using the Command prompt. Never used it but try it and see if it works for you.

znelbok, Dec 24, 2017
Ask a Question