Issues with Sunset function on Multi sensor.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lliam, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Lliam

Lliam

Hi All

Having some issues trying to get the Sunrise/Sunset feature working on the 5753PEIRL Multi Sensor.

I have some some banks of lights (3 to 4 fluro lights each bank) that need to be controlled by lux levels due to them being infront of east facing windows in an office building. They will not have any movement sensing.

Each bank of lights has its own sensor, so I am not even trying to do bank switching. Keeping it as simple as possible.

As far as i know the sunset feature should be able achieve this, turn the lights off when lux goes above a set level (600 in this case) then lights back on if the lux drops below this level.

Unfortuantely this just does not seem to be working at all and I can't understand why. The lights just stay off even if I cover the sensor or set the lux higher then what the sensor is currently reading for lux in the area.

I did work out that i need to turn up the light level potentiometer up to 100% so it responds to %100 of the target level you set on sensor in toolkit. Did not realise this until after i read the help files on the multisensor. But even after doing this still not working.

Can anyone suggest what the issue is or if I am doing something wrong?

(the lights are DALI conrtolled with a CBUS to DALI Gateway but I have had no issues with the lights switching and dimming with the movement sensors)

Lliam, Dec 6, 2015
  2. Lliam

Lliam

Anyone?

Is it possibly because I am trying to just use the Sunset feature on its own without any movement features? (so no day, night or any move)

Lliam, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Lliam

Ashley

The sunset feature works fine by itself. If it is not triggering you have something set up incorrectly. If you could post images of your configuration we may be more helpful.

Note that even if you get it to work it might not do what you want. If the sensor is anywhere near the lights, turning them on will probably put the sensor back into daylight mode.

Ashley, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Lliam

Lliam

Sorry for not replying quicker. Have been doing long hours at work so no time to sit down and post these screen shots.

Below are screens of the basic setup i was trying to get working with the SUNSET function. Potentiometer A has been set to 100%. I ended up giving up on using sunset and even tried light level maintenace with no success. In the end I found the only way I could get it to work correctly (lights on below 600 lux lights, off above 600 lux) was by using bank switching. This works great and could demostrate it working to the client. Only problem is it does not work with occupancy enable/disable feature which is required as the client wants to be able to disable the sensor when the lights are turned off from the associated switch.

So if anyone can help me to get the sunset or light level maintenance working correctly or a way to setup sensor enable/diasble with the bank switching I would be forever grateful

Sensor1.jpg

Sensor2.jpg

Sensor3.jpg

Sensor4.jpg

Sensor5.jpg

Lliam, Dec 15, 2015
  5. Lliam

Lliam

Sensor6.jpg

Lliam, Dec 15, 2015
  6. Lliam

Ashley

I see that you have the occupancy enable/disable set to the same group as the lights you are controlling. This won't work as you expect (i.e. disabling occupancy when the lights are on). That's why it's got that yellow exclamation mark there. Also, the occupancy enable/disable disables the sunset function as well as the occupancy function which could be your problem. Try setting the enable/disable to "unused" and see if that fixes it. The other issue with the sunset function is that for some reason known only to the designer the default micro function for long press defaults to re-trigger with a 5 minute timeout. Since you will always get a long press event the ga set to the sunset function will timeout after 5 minutes and go back off. To keep the light on all the while the level is below the threshold set the long press function to ON KEY (or just use Bell Press).

I just set a multi-sensor up to the sunset function to test it out and it all worked fine, so the theory is all good :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
    Ashley, Dec 15, 2015
  7. Lliam

Lliam

Thanks for your help Ashley.

I actually have the "occupency enable/disable" set to "enable" with the same lighting group that the sensor is controlling on most of the sensors on this job in question. Meaning that the sensor is turned off when someone turns off the associated switch so they can turn the lights off when they leave a room and not have the sensor immediately turn them back on (as it is likely to still pick up movement before they completely leave the room.)

This does seem to be working fine on the sensors that are just setup for movement detection.

Although i am definately open to suggestions to fix this problem. I think you missed completing the following sentance:
    "Try setting the enable/disable to and see if that fixes it"
    Couple you please let me know what you wanted to change the enable/ disable to?

I will also try changing the long press funtion to ON KEY.

Lliam, Dec 16, 2015
  8. Lliam

Ashley

I meant try setting the enable/disable to "UNUSED". I put unused in angle brackets like toolkit does and the forum decided it was an HTML tag and ignored it :(

As I mentioned, the sensor enable/disable also disables the sunset function, so with the light off, the sunset function will be disabled.

Ashley, Dec 16, 2015
Ask a Question