Issue with CBus lighting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shanede, Dec 17, 2018.

1. shanede

shanede

Recently my CBus system has been performing some random tasks, been fine for over 6 years since we bought the house.

1. Blinds will close, when opening they will often close 15 mins later.
    2. Lights coming on, extractor fans coming on.
    3. DLT lights flashing when pushed, hard push will often result in the desired effect.

Actions I have taken so far

1. Removed the wiser 2 from the network. Seemed at first to rectify but found the system still behaved erratically.
    2. Isolated each din module with power supply to test voltages all ok, even tested the + and - against earth and they were consistent.
    3. Run the CBus diagnostics from where the din modules are and the entire network reported as being perfect.
    4. Run the CBus diagnostics from where the wiser resides and the network starts as perfect but then a couple errors, not that many over hour only a few units drop from perfect.
    5. Voltages across the units appears to be fine with the diagnostics reporting a diff of 1.5volts from highest to lowest.

Is there anything I am missing? Should I be removing one unit at a time to isolate the problem or is there a better way to isolate a potentially bad unit. I have 8 dlts, 1 edlt, 5 sensors as input units.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

shanede, Dec 17, 2018
  2. shanede

lcrowhurst

I have seen this a lot of times where a (or multiple) cbus power supplies have gone faulty (electrically noisy). If you can try removing power supplies, or units with power supplies one by one, and see if the cbus net work stabilizes .

lcrowhurst, Dec 17, 2018
  3. shanede

shanede

Thanks Laurence, I'll give this a try, I have 5 units with power supplies, unfortunately its really random but i'll give that a try first.

shanede, Dec 17, 2018
  4. shanede

shanede

Looks to be a 12 channel relay that is causing the issue, voltage from it is fine, but having removed from the network I have had no issues in 24 hours. Ill leave it a few more days to confirm.

Can the power in these units be repaired? If not is $1200 I guess for a new one.

shanede, Dec 20, 2018
Ask a Question