Issue running Wiser app on Android Jelly Bean

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by riprap, Jun 20, 2013.

1. riprap

riprap

I've installed the Wiser Android app (1_0_2) on my Samsung Nexus 7 running Jelly Bean 4.2.2. It runs and I have setup the username, password and IP of my Wiser.

I am hopeful someone will be able to help me, because that is as far as I can get... I just have a small box in the middle of the screen with two buttons; 'Configure' and 'Terminate Application'. I can see my widgets grayed out in the background, but just cannot seem to close the box and get to them!

Can anyone help?

riprap, Jun 20, 2013
  2. riprap

joeel1

sound like, for some reason, wiser app found the connection to wiser unit has been lost.
    that's why the dialog pop up.

joeel1, Jun 21, 2013
  3. riprap

kjayakumar

I assume you're able to access your Wiser fine using Adobe Flash on the same IP address that you have configured on your Nexus7. If this is the case, you may want to check what network you are accessing your Wiser from. If your Nexus7 is on a external network (WAN), then your Wiser will only accept the connection if it has been configure to permit remote projector access. This can be configured on your Wiser using the Adobe Flash UI, Tools->Remote Access.

kjayakumar, Jun 21, 2013
  4. riprap

poldim

Baby steps is key. Get it running on LAN first then move on. It should only be using a few of the configurable options from the config screen: user, pass, and local ip addy.

Something to test as well: Access to wiser from N7 on LAN through browser.
    Download the latest version of flash from Adobe as an APK: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
    Install it
    Open the stock Browser app and point it to the internal LAN IP.

poldim, Jul 7, 2013
Ask a Question