Is this the 5500NAC/SHAC manufacturer?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by saintjerome, Jun 25, 2019.

1. saintjerome

saintjerome

I came across this website, which appears to be a manufacturer of building management controllers which appear identical to the 5500NAC/SHAC and I suspect this is where Clipsal sourced the product, or at least the software.

This was linked from the open source project Flashsys, which is the interface software used in the NAC/SHAC (see https://www.openhub.net/p/flashsys).

The manufacturer website has a heap of examples of configuration and programming for Modbus devices and everything else you would want at this link http://openrb.com/scripting/ and appears to be identical in every respect to the NAC/SHAC for scripting, etc.

I am hoping that the fact their devices also have modules and apps for connecting to Google Home and Siri means these are a native possibility for NAC/SHAC.

In case nobody else has found this, I am hoping that other may be able to find more information on this site which is useful to all of us?? There is also a LUA forum at https://forum.logicmachine.net/ which looks helpful.

Apologies if this is well known already to you all...

saintjerome, Jun 25, 2019
  2. saintjerome

saintjerome

Confirmed that Logic Machine provide the 5500NAC/SHAC to Clipsal on OEM basis.

There are lots of other integrations possible and already achieved with this device, including apps able to be downloaded. Not sure how well they would work with this variant, but will start experimenting.

saintjerome, Jun 25, 2019
  3. saintjerome

znelbok

Interesting read. I see that MQTT is supported when certain packages are added. I wonder if they can be added to the SHAC thus enabling C-Bus to MQTT

znelbok, Jun 26, 2019
  4. saintjerome

saintjerome

MQTT is already supported and libraries built in. There is another thread about this.

saintjerome, Jun 26, 2019
  5. saintjerome

NickD Moderator

NickD, Jun 26, 2019
  6. saintjerome

saintjerome

Fair enough - that is very helpful. The real benefit is the wealth of LUA Code examples and Visualisation templates, etc which are available. This will help all of us accelerate the use of the local devices.

Good to know there is a broader community using this similar software also.

Certainly looks like a good choice for Clipsal/Schneider to use this software. I am trying to determine if any of the other modules can be utilised for Bluetooth integration and Google Voice/Siri, etc.

saintjerome, Jun 26, 2019
  7. saintjerome

lcrowhurst

Attached Files:

lcrowhurst, Jun 26, 2019
  8. saintjerome

jboer

jboer, Jun 27, 2019
  9. saintjerome

impact

WOW - What a wealth of information.... why has this been hidden for so long and kept a trade secret....

That forum over there https://forum.logicmachine.net/ has posts going back years with just a wealth of information... I have been struggling here for 6 months and could not move forward - was getting so disappointed about the SHAC... Until you found this site... The admin on that forum, gives you code examples within an hour to help with your problem - he is a master !!!

It has given me renewed interest and the thought that the SHAC is indeed a very power machine... A few people here said that things I wanted to do couldn't be done... well I have read posts in that forum that just contradicts all that...

I am in love with my SHAC Again.... I will post things I find as valuable to save you spending a whole weekend reading every post, which is what I have just done!!!

{Already I have solved my BOM Radar issue, restored some Touch Screen functionality that I missed - automatically returning to the main screen after no activity... I can see how to replace the Alert screen popup with a graphic image, and create auto scrolling RSS type feeds... Its all possible - I just need time!)

impact, Jul 8, 2019
  10. saintjerome

NickD Moderator

I wouldn't say it's been kept a secret, but I guess it's also not actively promoted because whilst the products are similar in many ways, and there are parts of the products that are identical, there are also many things that are quite different, so explaining exactly what works and what doesn't would be very time consuming.

So kudos to those who get things working and double kudos to those who have taken the time to share it back with the community here :)

Nick

NickD, Jul 16, 2019
  11. saintjerome

RobRam

Hey Guys

I've had a CTC running for 10 years and it's developed a lockup/freeze problem +/-45 secs mins after booting, and I'm therefore looking at replacing it with a 5500SHAC, as I'm getting sick and tired of rebooting it to turn a light on.

Looking at the LogicMachine examples: https://openrb.com/all-examples/ I see that there is a way to connect (or open) a SIP intercom app.
    https://openrb.com/sip-server-on-logicmachine/

Anyone got this to work with the 5500SHAC ?

RobRam, Sep 9, 2019
  12. saintjerome

Trevor

Hi Rob,
    Arbor Australia originally designed and built the colour touch screens for Clipsal, the symptom you describe is possibly caused by a Memory error if it's a CTC1,2 or 3 colour touch screen. Feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss possible solutions for you.

Best Regards and have a great day,
    Trevor Callaghan

Senior Workshop Technician
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd
    Unit 1/72 Bayfield Rd
    Bayswater North
    Victoria 3153 Australia
    Mobile : 0404 887 463
    Phone : +61 3 8736 0328
    Fax : +61 3 8736 0325
    Email : [email protected]

Trevor, Sep 9, 2019