Is this product evolving ... or dying ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by KevinH, Jul 30, 2019.

1. KevinH

KevinH

i’ve been caught out many times by C-Bus products that launch, stagnate and then die. I’m hoping these two automation controllers aren’t in that category but it’s ominously quiet.

I’ve been heavily burned financially with C-Bus Wireless, MRA then MRA II, Touchscreen and CTC1 and CTC2* and then PAC, Wiser, Wiser2, and now I have SHAC. I’m stupid.. once bitten ..I should know better.

I see great things happening with Wiser KNX and on the LogicMachine forums but nothing here. No apps , no recent firmware updates and no interesting features added. Not even some examples, app notes or even any Clipsal originated posts.

This is a great product with an enthusiastic and supportive OEM supplier. Leverage what they are doing and don’t let the product die just because it’s now Clipsal branded. It needs building upon features over time. Or maybe that’s the extortion plan SHAC II ?

*. I had 5 CTC units and every one died with PSU faults that damaged to screens. Clipsal responded ‘tough.. it’s a design fault, but they’re out of warranty now’, or words to that effect. Those cost me over $10K US

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    KevinH, Jul 30, 2019
  2. KevinH

pspeirs

Perhaps the abundance of responses on this thread answers your questions . . .

I don't know whether people are interested, a lot of people won't even touch the SHAC / NAC due to the complexity of programming. I had a CTC replaced under insurance with the SHAC and touch screen, after screwing around with the installer for 3 months, I told the insurance company to send me the parts and I'd install / commission.

Perhaps people just don't care, or want to suck as much info from the forum as possible without actually contributing to it. In any case, it is certainly not in the same state as it was a few years back

pspeirs, Nov 8, 2019
  3. KevinH

lcrowhurst

Me : I love the Shac, its opened up a world of intergation option. Im also looking at Non CBus jobs that I'm going to be using it (or LM) in just because of it flexibility

Yes it would be great to have the latest LM firmware on it, but most this there's with modules/scripts already written, or there is enough info around for someone to write it.

lcrowhurst, Nov 8, 2019
Ask a Question