Is there any product documentation for CBUS thermostat

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BradJ, Sep 3, 2007.

1. BradJ

BradJ

I checked on the CIS site and couldn't see anything.

Is there any product documentation available yet for the new CBUS thermostat? User guide, install instructions, etc.

In the meantime I'll check out the new toolkit as I expect it will tell me quite a bit about the devices capabilities.

BradJ, Sep 3, 2007
  2. BradJ

NickD Moderator

Just had a look..

The users guide and installation instructions exist, and are quite extensive, but if they're not up on the website it's probably because they're waiting until the product is released. The Toolkit GUI and online help should keep you entertained for a while though :)

Nick

NickD, Sep 4, 2007
  3. BradJ

cramer

cramer, Sep 4, 2007
  4. BradJ

ashleigh Moderator

NOTE NOTE NOTE:

The 5031TS temperature sensor IS CURRENTLY NOT ABLE TO BE USED AS A REMOTE SENSOR FOR THE NEW THERMOSTATS.

An update is coming to allow this. It's being rushed through. Note sure if the new one will have a new catalog number or not.

ashleigh, Sep 4, 2007
  5. BradJ

nickrusanov

i would be happy to see a new one. 5031TS is old designed and not precise.

nickrusanov, Sep 11, 2007
  6. BradJ

ashleigh Moderator

5031TS will soon disappear.

The new one will be 5031RDTS.

It uses completely new sensing technology, and is much more accurate than the old one.

The new one will LOOK THE SAME as the old one, so you won't be able to tell them apart by looking.

The new will be 80% compatible with the old. The SWITCHING FUNCTIONS will not be there.

The new sensor will be a sensor only, not a half-baked attempt at relay-based temperature controller.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
    ashleigh, Sep 12, 2007
  7. BradJ

paulw11

Remote switching of C-Bus Thermostats

I have read the thermostat documentation that is on the web site and playing with the configuration in the toolkit, but I have one question;

Is it possible to turn the thermostat on/off using a group address? What I mean, is there a group address that corresponds to the on/off button on the thermostat? I would like to be able to send an "off" command when my alarm is armed in away mode.

If this isn't possible then I have worked out that I can use some AND logic in the control relays or a setback with a large value, but I would prefer to simply be able to send a simple lighting on/off command.

Thanks,
    Paul

paulw11, Sep 26, 2007
  8. BradJ

ashleigh Moderator

The thermostat has a ZONE GROUP when you set it up.

If you put a plain key unit, put it in the cbus HVAC application (hex AC, decimal 172), and set the key to be a toggle. Make the group of the key the same as the ZONE GROUP.

Then the key unit toggle the HVAC system in that zone group on and off.

If you don't want to use a key unit, or you want to have lots of other things happening, use logic to issue ON or OFF commands on the HVAC Application (address as above) and with the Zone Group as set in the thermostat.

Note you may get warnings from Toolkit about use of legacy application modes. if you set a key unit into application $AC. This is normal.

Full support for air-conditioning for Logic, Schedule Plus, Homegate, etc is coming soon with the v4 release of that product range.

ashleigh, Sep 26, 2007
  9. BradJ

paulw11

Thanks Ashleigh. I knew that there would be some way to do it.

Paul

paulw11, Sep 27, 2007
Ask a Question