Is the IR Reader Necessary

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by abg, Sep 14, 2009.

1. abg

abg

I have a Panasonic 50" plasma and DVD player, along with Foxtel and a Yahama AMP. I am looking at using a NIRT to issue IR commands (triggered from a multi-sensor using a 5088TX) to control this gear in combination with the normal C-Bus lighting, blinds etc.

Looking in the CIRCA software, there are many devices but there is no easy way to determine if the models I have are supported by the ones in CIRCA. If they're not then it seems the only way to get those codes is to spend ~1K on a reader. This is hard to justify for my own use only.

I've looked at the thread http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911 which explains how to convert from pronto format (excellent thread thank you Will) but it would be a fair bit of work to get all the codes for all the devices converted one code at a time (but it could be done with patience I expect.... :( ) .

Before outlaying for the NIRT I wanted to make sure I'd be able to actually use it to it's full extent.

Many thanks for the feedback.

abg, Sep 14, 2009
  2. abg

Newman

If you talk very nicely to your local Clipsal sales rep, and it's a one-off job, he might be able to lend you one.

Newman, Sep 14, 2009
  3. abg

NickD Moderator

Also bear in mind you'll need the programming cable for the NIRT as well (5100HSCU).

Nick

NickD, Sep 14, 2009
  4. abg

Clinton's Electrical

Hi abg I Ahave The Panasonic 42 Plasma ( Same Codes I Think ) I Am Going to Try Borrow Our Local Guys Reader here And Get The Codes. Not Sure Is I can Do That, Send You Codes For Ir Commands, But Will Try Over Weekend.:cool:

Clinton's Electrical, Sep 24, 2009
  5. abg

abg

Haven't got round to borrowing one yet myself so that would be great if you can.

Many thanks.

abg, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question