is it worth concidering clipsal if you live in the UK?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonecoldbossman, Mar 29, 2006.

1. stonecoldbossman

stonecoldbossman

I have been speaking to clipsal/scheider in the UK for the last week and I have to say it is one of the most frustrating experiences ever!

Initially nobody wanted to phone me back when I asked for some prices, but after I kept phoning eventually someone said they would help? now I find out that none of the audio matrix equipment is supported by CLIPSAL UK.. still waiting to hear on prices and whether I can have an account etc.

I have now completed the basic training course but wonder whether the training and all my research where a waste of time! How can I spec a project with no prices and the feeling that the UK is not geared up for this?

I am interested if other people in the UK use Clipsal for their commercial automation projects ? if so do you import from Australia?

If anyone in the UK can let me know of a competitively priced supplier especially the Audio matrix equipment, please let me know ? I would be very grateful. I really don?t want to give up on Clipsal before I have even begun my first project.

Thanks in advance

Lee

stonecoldbossman, Mar 29, 2006
  2. stonecoldbossman

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Lee

Try the cbus shop , im sure they have trade account customers.....

http://www.cbus-shop.com/

Not sure why the Audio Matrix kit is not available in the UK....??.......

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Mar 30, 2006
  3. stonecoldbossman

stonecoldbossman

cbus shop

Thanks for your reply I will approach cbus shop for a trade account.

Really disappointed about the Matrix equipment.... seems to me that Scheider or Clipsal are not really committed to the UK market, which makes it very hard to make a business decision on talking things further with Clipsal, for me if you don?t have the full support of your supplier or they are not committed then you will be let down at some stage.

I may be wrong about Clipsal UK but feel very disappointed at the moment, which is such a shame the products themselves and the solutions that can be delivered with them are very exciting.

Thanks again.

lee

stonecoldbossman, Mar 30, 2006
  4. stonecoldbossman

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng

Hi,

As one of the UK sales rep's for C-Bus, I can hopefully explain the reasons why the Audio offer hasn't been launched in the Uk to date (or at least the reasons I have been told).

I have been led to believe that Multi room audio is yet to be CE marked and as such we cannot start to promote this product in the UK.

i understand that it is frustrating for UK SI's who feel that Schneider / Clipsal in the UK is not committed, but I have to say that we are trying our very best to rectify this perception.

I cover the top half of the UK, so if you live in that area, please call 0870 6088608 and ask for Graham Walton, if you live in the bottom half (below oxford), call the same number and ask for Roger Pitt.

Between us, we should be able to help.

Thanks,

Graham

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
    NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng, Mar 30, 2006
  5. stonecoldbossman

stonecoldbossman

Thanks for your reply!

Hi Graham,

Thank for getting back to me, I will try the number you supplied, CE mark makes sense but what is the predicted release date in the UK, if Clipsal are committed you would at least have an estimated release date?.

You are obviously on the ball, monitoring this forum but I feel sorry for you working for Clipsal UK, I have been waiting for a call from a sales rep since Tuesday and this is after complaining that 4 people had said they would call me back and never did.

In 10 years of running my own business I have never had such bad service from anyone, especially when I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Sorry to moan so much but its a fantastic product but needs to be backed up with good support and good info for suppliers.

Again thanks for replying (its not your fault) and hopefully I will have more luck with Roger.

stonecoldbossman, Mar 31, 2006
  6. stonecoldbossman

AV_Spyder

Graham

Thanks for posting - good to hear from someone who works for Clipsal UK.

I've also been promised calls by a sales engineer, but not heard anything so far. I've had to give up the idea of using CIS on one project already as support and pricing were not there. Hopefully this will change in the future.

FYI, my experience with Lutron has been on the opposite scale and even though I don't think the product is as good, the support has been much better.
    I think you guys have a great market opportunity in the UK, but at the moment, you are way behind some of your competitors. As I mentioned, personally I think the product has a good spec/feature set, it just needs more support behind it, especially for the SI/trade buyer.

- AV Spyder

AV_Spyder, Apr 7, 2006
  7. stonecoldbossman

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng

following up

Hi AV Spyder,

has anyone contacted you yet?

if not, give me a ring on Tuesday (after Easter) and I'll help.

0870 608 8 608

Graham Walton.

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng, Apr 16, 2006
Ask a Question