Is CIS still alive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickrusanov, Apr 11, 2011.

1. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

Latest software update on http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads is Dec 2010.

No new hardware. No website updates.

Does CIS run any C-Bus development? Because it looks like it doesn't from 01.2011...

I'm sorry for some panic in my voice, but sometimes you understand that something happened in SE a year after, if you're not inside

nickrusanov, Apr 11, 2011
  2. nickrusanov

ashleigh Moderator

Yes. Still alive. The people are kind of busy.

ashleigh, Apr 11, 2011
  3. nickrusanov

Don

nickrusanov,

I'm happy to confirm that CIS is still alive, and so is C-Bus development and the C-Bus Enabled programme.

There are a few new developments coming out, both for commercial and for domestic applications. They can't be far away and I'm sure you will find them very useful.

No big releases in the next few months though..

There are a few big jobs on go, but I can't say when the next release will be.

Don, Apr 11, 2011
  4. nickrusanov

tspark

Glad the question was asked. I put a CBUS system in to a house development 18 months ago and am just about to kick off another project. I was hoping to see some new kit out there as the switches are looking a little dated, well at least the kit available in the UK compared with some of the competition.

tspark, Apr 13, 2011
  5. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

Thank you for letting us know.
    I think that this question should run some movement in marketing team. Because today if you do not show you're alive every day - it means you're not.

What stops CIS from making good things started - even better?

There are very simple things to do: why not make an iPad app for Wiser? Why not support Ripple playlists in Wiser? Why not support thermostats in iPhone app? Why not start making a IP drivers database to control AV and climate equipment from Wiser and CCTouch? Why not implement Ripple IP client and FM tuner into every amplifier? Why not add a thermostat into a DLT? Why not adapt current thermostat for a warm floor heating? All these are simple and fast to do. All these would make our clients feel better and not ask for other brands (which they do more and more)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    nickrusanov, Apr 13, 2011
  6. nickrusanov

Nik

Unfortunately NickR, while these ideas sound fantastic and simple, in reality they really just aren't that simple or cheap to implement..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Apr 13, 2011
  7. nickrusanov

kjayakumar

Да, я понимаю. :) Please be patient with Clipsal, your input is not being ignored, things are often not as easy as might appear. The forum post is good, but also applying your pressure on sales/purchasing channel can help get the message/urgency to the right people (eg: CEO) who have power to accelerate things.

kjayakumar, Apr 14, 2011
  8. nickrusanov

daniel C-Busser Moderator

CIS is not dead. The C-Bus team are still labouring away over their forges.

In fact, the Software Team put out a new Toolkit today, a patch release to fix a few exceptions and problems that users have been reporting. Meanwhile there is some significant work in progress on future releases.

daniel, Apr 14, 2011
  9. nickrusanov

Ross

Could the software team please have another look at this.
    The link for the update is broken, or the .zip does not exist.

Ross, Apr 14, 2011
  10. nickrusanov

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Just checked and the download seems okay. It may be a website caching issue. Sometimes after we publish it takes a little while to work for some users. Please try again in a little while and PM me if it still doesn't work for you.

daniel, Apr 14, 2011
  11. nickrusanov

KevinH

Eagerly awaiting a PICED update.... last was in Aug 2010. It's pretty good already but there's many opportunities for improvements and new features there... and I believe a mammoth features / issues list being actioned based on suggestions.

As the visual front end it helps so much in marketing and sales .. I really believe investing more resource in speedier development would pay dividends in sales.

K

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
    KevinH, Apr 14, 2011
Ask a Question