iRule or Command Fusion control with Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by sdreilly, Apr 25, 2011.

1. sdreilly

sdreilly

Hi

I have wiser and the ipad/iphone interface but I am looking for a more complete control unit which will allow control of media centre, foxtel, audio and tv as well as parts of the lighting program and climate in a single interface that looks good and is customisable.

Has anyone had any experience using irule (or other customisable iphone ipad apps) to control part or all of the cbus network.

I should be able to control cbus over the ip network but is this possible with wiser connected as well and is there any tutorials on how to program the ip commands and get feedback form the network.

These questions have probbaly been answered elsewhere but after a weekend of searching I don't seem to have come up with a lot.

Simon

sdreilly, Apr 25, 2011
  2. sdreilly

kjayakumar

I assume the Wiser in question is connected to a specific CNI. In that case, then that CNI is in-use by the Wiser. So you won't be able to simultaneously use the same CNI for other applications (3rd party or otherwise). However, you can certainly use another CNI. If your other app is a short-lived app, in theory, you could just use the Wiser's transparent mode, but this would be equivalent to disconnecting your Wiser from C-Bus and reconnecting it each time you ran your application.

By the way, you're not alone in asking for a more customizable interface. I assume you're seeking something more akin to the Colour C-Touch type user interface? You may want to provide your feedback through the sales channel as well so that Clipsal can track that this is an important issue.

kjayakumar, Apr 26, 2011
  3. sdreilly

CommandFusion

CommandFusion iViewer

We are releasing a plugin in the next week or two which will allow you to very easily control CBUS via our CommandFusion iViewer software for iOS.

All you need to do is import your cbus project XML file, and it will automatically set your project up with all the commands necessary for full lighting control (sliders, up/down/on/off buttons, text levels) with 2 way control.

Other application groups are also controllable.

Then you can customise the GUI as much as you wish, and just drag drop the commands onto your sliders and/or buttons. No programming required.

Jarrod Bell
    CommandFusion
    www.commandfusion.com

CommandFusion, Apr 26, 2011
  4. sdreilly

kjayakumar

Sounds pretty cool. When you say project XML, I assume you mean the C-Bus toolkit XML. I'd love to checkout a youtube video of how this looks. Is it a free app?

kjayakumar, Apr 26, 2011
  5. sdreilly

CommandFusion

Definitely not free, it's arguably the most powerful home automation app available for iOS devices. You can control any system with full 2 way feedback. JavaScript support coming in next release which opens everything up to be extremely configurable.

And yes, I mean the Toolkit XML file. We will have to get a youtube demo of it in action when it's released.

Jarrod Bell
    CommandFusion

CommandFusion, Apr 26, 2011
  6. sdreilly

KevinH

iRule in it's current release is not a good solution for C-Bus. It has no 2 way feedback ability although the next V2 version should have. This means it can't synch states or display status.

Quite what 2 way feedback capabilities iRule will have in V2 remains to be seen but C-Bus MMI's require a bit of decoding and may well be beyond iRule's parsing capabilities.

iViewer is a wonderfully capable solution although fairly costly and licenced per client. The new JavaScript capabilities in the next release will make it truly unleash it. I'm hopefully on the beta test list and I'll feedback my thoughts here.

BTW a 2 screen iViewer layout for any number of iPads/iPhones/iTouches is free and not time limited. This gives you a single portrait and single landscape screen and allows you to explore Command Fusion's GUI Designer software, and decide if you want to buy full licences.

KevinH, Apr 26, 2011
  7. sdreilly

Ingo

Any plans for an Android version?

Ingo, Apr 26, 2011
  8. sdreilly

UK Household Automation

Command Fusion with CNI and PCI

We have command fusion working with CNI and PCI both with feedback.

Did not know that Command fusion had been working on this perhaps you may like to take a look at RS232 strings via PCI as well..!

Can you let un know when plugin is available Thanks.

UK Household Automation, Apr 26, 2011
  9. sdreilly

filpee

So rather then connect to the CNI within the Wiser can we get a public API released that allows us to talk to the Wiser instead?

filpee, Apr 27, 2011
  10. sdreilly

kjayakumar

Hi filpee,

I don't understand the question. The Wiser has to have a CNI in order to talk to C-Bus. By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the API to talk to C-Bus is public already. Perhaps you meant the API by which the user interfaces like iPhone/Adobe Flash/Nokia talk to Wiser. These are in plain text XML, pretty much human readable. The only reason they're not published is because they're still changing to accommodate features/fixes. In other words, you could use them today if you wanted to build your own app, just that there's no guarantee that it won't get changed (I wouldn't expect massive changes though) tomorrow.

kjayakumar, Apr 27, 2011
  11. sdreilly

Conformist

Jarrod

Please note forum rules you agreed to when you signed up....

No Commercial Purposes, No Advertising

There is sometimes a fine line between telling the world you have a wonderful thing, and outright attempts at selling.

This site is not a sales channel, it is not available for commercial exploitation. Users who want to sell products, services, systems or goods should go somewhere else. Users who try to exploit this site for their own commercial gain will be banned.

As you have only posted twice and both times have been about your forthcoming product (which is not free), you are clearly using this forum for commercial gain. Please cease or face being banned.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    Conformist, Apr 27, 2011
  12. sdreilly

CommandFusion

No skin off my back... just trying to give the OP information direct from us rather than relying on third parties to provide incorrect information. The plugin will be free and open source for all CBUS integrators.

All this rule does is make it harder for users to find information directly related to CBUS. It's not like I'm advertising a competing lighting system.

CommandFusion, Apr 27, 2011
  13. sdreilly

filpee

This is what I was talking about.. Cool. I'll look into it.

filpee, May 8, 2011
  14. sdreilly

scott d

commandfusion

I have actually been using commandfusion controlling all my stuff in my house and am planning to use it on some up coming projects. I have also been using it with cbus for a while now, and it works fantastic, including complete feedback. I have nothing to do with the commandfusion business, but this product is fantastic, and once plugin is available will be an easy alternative to what ive seen out there for control and feedback if you dont want to use a touch screen.
    Here are some links to my ipad and iphone controlling cbus and also feedback including scenes

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    scott d, May 8, 2011
Ask a Question