Irrigation with multiple master control.

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Weedo, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Weedo

Weedo

Hi all,

I have a client with an automated irrigation system that incorporates 3 separate master control valves. There is 3 sub zone groups if you will, I.e zones 1.1 thru 1.5 are controlled by one master valve, 2.1 thru 2.6 by master valve 2 etc. my question is, is it possible through the irrigation feature to manage this without logic? I am aware that if I can use irrigation I must have the ability to use logic but recent power quality events have made this arrangement a little unreliable. One last point, no two master valves can be on at once, but the correct valve must activate when any sub group in its range is activated.

Kind Regards
    Brent

Weedo, Apr 15, 2014
  2. Weedo

Roosta

Do the master valves do anything other than act as an upstream on/off point for the zones they are responsible for? Ie is there any need to have the master valve on while all its dependant zones are off?

Also what voltage are the solenoids in question?

Roosta, Apr 15, 2014
  3. Weedo

Weedo

Hi roosta,

That's their only purpose as you have described. I have noted the function for master valves in the irrigation program but this won't work with my setup. Not sure on solinoid voltage but I would suggest it would be 24vac

Weedo, Apr 16, 2014
  4. Weedo

Roosta

Ok, so an option to ponder over.. (Would be a couple of options if the solenoids were DC ;-))

Use the RELVP relay channels to control a DPDT relay, which then on one side controls the master solenoid, and on the other controls the zone, thus every time you turn a zone on via cbus the relative master will come on.. Simplistic yes, but should work..

You could also then use another 3 relays in an interlock fashion to avoid any of the masters and zones coming on at the same time..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Roosta, Apr 16, 2014
Ask a Question