Irrigation with CBUS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phcjpp, Sep 7, 2005.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi,

I am attaching 4 24v irrigation solenoids to 4 channels on an 8 way cbus 10A relay and was wondering how to setup the irrigation timings. I have a PAC but no touchscreens - is that the best thing to use ?

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks
    Chris

phcjpp, Sep 7, 2005
  2. phcjpp

Darren Senior Member

Irrigation can be done from a PAC, but you have no user interface to make any changes. You really need to have a touchscreen (preferrably colour) to have a viable irrigation controller.

Darren, Sep 8, 2005
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Just so I understand, does that mean the sceduling code etc is all in there or do I still need to do a fair bit of work ?

Chris

phcjpp, Sep 8, 2005
  4. phcjpp

lcrowhurst

PAc

No unless it has already been programmed , you will have to program it with the PICED software.

But as already mentioned you probably want an easy (user interface) way of setting the times. As the PAC has no user interface you will have to use a Touch screen (BW or Colour) , or if you have a pc connected to the cbus you could use homegate.

If you have done any kind of programming , programming the PAC is reletively easy. It also has a wizard to help you with most tasks.

lcrowhurst, Sep 8, 2005
  5. phcjpp

Darren Senior Member

The PAC has all of the same Scheduling capabilities of C-Touch. What it doesn't have is the Irrigation Controller which is included with Colour C-Touch, HomeGate and Schedule Plus. You can use the built-in Scheduling to do irrigation control, do it all in logic or a combination of the two.

Darren, Sep 9, 2005
Ask a Question