Irrigation scheduling

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by pbelectrical, Aug 9, 2012.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

I would like some ideas on the best way to set up some irrigation control. I have a colour touchscreen and a 8 channel LV/irrigation relay. What the customer would like is to be able to have a single button master on/master off, a rain delay button, 7 buttons with the days of the week, buttons for each zone (8) that control the run time of each zone and individual manual zone buttons. I would like to set it up so as that the customer can select the day or days that they want the watering to occur and then select the run time for the zones (this will be common for each day), once set this will run continously until changed. They would also like to be able to select an individual zone or zones and run them manually. I think I have it about 80% nutted out but would appreciate others opinions.

pbelectrical, Aug 9, 2012
  2. pbelectrical

Darren Senior Member

Use a button to control the state of the irrigation manager Enable Group.

Alternatively, control the Enable Group of the Schedule which triggers the Irrigation Program. This is probably a better solution because it still allows a manual trigger of the Irrigation Program.

Use a button with the "Irrigation Rain Delay" Special Function.

Use buttons controlling the "Schedule Day of Week" in-built System IO Variable. See the "Schedule Tools" template for an example of this.

You will need to make sure that when the page is displayed, the irrigation schedule is selected. This can be done by having the button which links to the page also select the schedule using the "Schedule Number" in-built System IO Variable.

The buttons will need to nudge the value of the "Irrigation Zone Duration" In-built System IO Variable. See the "Irrigation Tools" template for how this is done.

Use the "Irrigation, Run Zone" Special Function for each button.

Darren, Aug 9, 2012
Ask a Question