Irrigation on Black & White Touch Screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by travis1973, Aug 13, 2012.

1. travis1973

travis1973

Hi,

Just wanting to get an idea on the best way to control 5 station irrigation system.

I have just installed a 8 channel low voltage relay and have wired it up.

At the moment I am just running schedules for the 5 stations but was looking to be able to run a extra station all function or test all if possible

Was wondering if it was possible to set it that once i push a button that station one would start then run for say 1 hour than once it finishes then the next station will start etc ..

Thanks, Travis..

travis1973, Aug 13, 2012
  2. travis1973

Darren Senior Member

If you have logic in the touch screen, you could use that.

Otherwise, see the FAQ help file topic "Delays Between Scene Actions" which shows how to create a sequence of events using scenes.

Darren, Aug 14, 2012
  3. travis1973

Matthew

Irrigation on C-Bus

Hi Travis
    I have set up a page on my B&W touch screen where I have an outline of the property and an indicator button for each irrigation zone (station) in the area they control. The indicator buttons are 1/2hr timers, if an area needs a bit extra or to test.

I have schedules running for each zone that are programmed for the watering frequency determined by the plant types and amount of direct sunlight they receive.
    If you don't have a logic engine (i don't) you could possibly do a scene with a short timer function and an on delay for each zone so they go one after another?

One item I haven't got to fix is the rain sensor. I have another "rain delay" button on the page and it simple disables the schedules when it is activated. At the moment it is a timer switch maxed out to the most we are allowed (17hours?). I did this as I thought if I made it a switch I would forget to turn if off again. I really need to just pull my finger out and install the rain sensor.
    I am planning to install this on a spare bus coupler channel, that is already in a 56Series switch box by the front gate.

One thing I am not sure of is the the bus coupler is on "lighting" Application (56) but I have the irrigation on another "irrigation" application (113) will I be able to use that across the different applications if I am using the touch screen as the central source.
    I believe most people don't use the different applications, but I have found it handy, especially when you use the "all off" as a master command, it turns the lights off and leaves the irrigation on.
    It would be great if I could use a different application for the pool pump control too (as the all off turns it off), but as all competent C-Bussers know you can only have one application assigned to one relay. I have external lighting and the pool pump control from one relay.

Cheers
    Matthew

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Matthew, Aug 17, 2012
  4. travis1973

2SC

Can you please post a print screen to see how you did it?

2SC, Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question