Irrigation manager on 2 CTC's

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by brodsky, Apr 20, 2009.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi guys,

I need some info relating to the irrigation manager (IM) on PICED 4.4.1.
    Here's the scenario:

I have 2 colour screens in an installation. The program in both is almost similar except that one is obviously the "master" unit.

The irrigation manager in master unit works 100%, but in the secondary unit there are a few funny things happening in the IM. Here's what I picked up so far.

1) When an individual zone is triggered on the "slave" screen (not a schedule that is manually triggered) it responds, but when this zone is switched off manually, it does not respond although the timer reverts to 0:00. This only happens on the "slave" screen. Everything works correctly on the master screen.

How do you get around this? The owner requires the irrigation interface on both screens. Is there any way to have the timers indicate correctly on both screens simultaneously as I know that it only reflects times set locally to each screen?

Thanks

brodsky, Apr 20, 2009
  2. brodsky

brodsky

More questions

Hi,

To add to the above questions, I would like one of the C-Bus tech guys to give some input on the following questions as well.

The user interface to change zone duration is very challenging on the CTC, so I'm using nudge up & down buttons to change the times using the in-built I/O's. The questions however is: How do you change manual as well as every schedule program time using this way? Do you duplicate the nudge buttons for every schedule?
    It seems as if the nudge buttons changes the correct zone every time, but not the correct duration as it sometimes changes the manual duration setting and the next time program 1's duration settings. Please advise?

Regards,
    Brodsky

brodsky, Apr 21, 2009
  3. brodsky

brodsky

Still awaiting some advise

Got this problem sorted out. Thanks

brodsky, Apr 21, 2009
  4. brodsky

Darren Senior Member

Thanks for the detailed description. I was able to find this problem quite quickly. It will be fixed in the upcoming release of PICED (very soon).

There is nothing you can do until the new PICED comes out.

There is no way for the other screen to know the timer information. It will just show that the zone is on.

Darren, Apr 22, 2009
  5. brodsky

brodsky

Thanks for the reply Darren. Will wait for new version of PICED.

Regards.

brodsky, Apr 22, 2009
  6. brodsky

brodsky

Hi,

After the last PICED update, the irrigation manager on 2 CTC's works fine.
    A new problem has occured though. My irrigation program on both touch screens are exactly the same except that the one screen is the master and the other the slave.

The client is now able to control individual irrigation zones (outside of the scheduled times and as set up in "manual" selection) from the slave touch screen, but not on the master screen.
    If an individual zone is switched on the master, the first zone in the IM schedule comes on and then follows the schedule sequence. It therefore looks as if triggering any zone (outside of scheduled times) actually triggers the schedule (schedules are disabled). I hope my description is clear enough.

PICED 4.6.1
    Toolkit 1.10.4

Could you please advise.

Thanks,
    Brodsky

brodsky, Aug 13, 2009
  7. brodsky

Darren Senior Member

I have just tested this using the irrigation template shipped with PICED. If I click on a component with the "Irrigation, Run Zone" special function, the zone runs for the "manual" time then switches off. No other zones come on. This is the same whether Master Unit is selected or not.

I can't make this happen.

I will need a bit more detail.

Darren, Aug 14, 2009
  8. brodsky

brodsky

Hi Darren,

I will check screens on site to see if client modified any settings and get back to you.

Regards,
    Brodsky

brodsky, Aug 14, 2009
Ask a Question