Irrigation Manager not switching the Master Load off.

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by UK Household Automation, Jun 8, 2011.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

I've got a Colour (or is that Color?) C-Touch which is runnung the schedules for an irrigation system.
    I thought the wizard was pretty good seeing as this is the first time I've set up any irrigation, but I can't work out why the Master Load stays on permanently once the program has finished.
    I only have 1 Master Load (the pump) which is controlled by one of the relays in an L5512RVF so I don't need to tick the 'allow latched solenoids' box. It will turn on and off correctly in response to the 'irrigation: run zone' (special function) button, but once it has been turned ON by a schedule it stays ON. It's as if the schedule fails to set the Master Load to 'OFF' at the end of the program.

Any suggestions as to what I might have missed (or mis-undertood) from all you lovely people?

UK Household Automation, Jun 8, 2011
  2. UK Household Automation

Darren Senior Member

It is "Colour".

Good to hear. We did some major re-work on it a couple of years ago to make it more intuitive.

You don't use the Schedule to turn the Master Load on or off, you let the Irrigation Manager do that for you. Your Schedule should trigger an Irrigation Program via its Trigger Group.

Darren, Jun 9, 2011
  3. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Yes, my use of the word 'schedule' is a bit mis leading. The only schedule in the unit is the one created during the process of entering the details of the master load, zones, on & off times, etc into the irrigation manager when setting it up. Therefore it still seems to me that the irrigation manager is not switching the master load off at the end of the program.

time passes.....

Actually I think I've found it.
    I may be mis-understanding the 'Master Enable' facility.
    I've currently got a schedule setting the Master Enable to ON at 01:00 every day from April to Nov.
    The 'Master Enable' can then be set to OFF manually through a button on the screen (in-case the owner wants to use his gardens at a time when the irrigation would normally run) but the schedule will it set to ON again automatically at 01:00 (because he'll forget to do it himself, untill it's too late and his plants have all shrivelled up, and he'll blame me, etc. etc.) This means that the Master Enable is in fact set to ON for pretty much the whole time from April to November.

I've assumed that the Master Loads operate as part of the irrigation 'Program'. Perhaps they operate under the Master Enable? (if you see what I mean.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    UK Household Automation, Jun 10, 2011
  4. UK Household Automation

Darren Senior Member

I have just tested this and the master zone is being switched off correctly.

The best thing to do is to look at the log to see what events occurred. If that doesn't help, send your project archive to Clipsal Tech Support with details of the problem.

They do.

No.

Darren, Jun 12, 2011
  5. UK Household Automation

muppets

Found fault in C-Touch irrigation manager. Was experiencing the same problem of master not turning to off state when delay was not a value other than 0.

If the irrigation manager has a master load set use a delay of at leas 1 and the system works fine.

muppets, Apr 20, 2013
Ask a Question