Irrigation Manager Improvements

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JasonCox, Dec 7, 2007.

1. JasonCox

JasonCox

I have FINALLY set up my colour screen at home - and used the irrigation manager V4 for the first time. I think it is great compared to previous versions/programming hacks etc.

I have noticed that if the Irrigation Master Control is ON, then the only way to turn an individual Zone off is to place a special button 'Stop Zone'. This is kinda weird because if the Irrigation Master Control is OFF, then you can press the Zone button to turn it ON/OFF - as you would expect.

The other thing is if the Irrigation Master Control is ON and you press the 'Stop Zone' button - the next time you manually run a zone it takes two presses to get it to turn ON.

A nice option would be able to 'Pause' a program - so you wouldn't have to start the program from the start again if you stopped it mid-way through.

I think the 'Rain Delay' idea is a bit confusing and doesn't really work. I use a c-bus timer with a status display on the Master Control - but is limited to 12.00 hrs. I will come up with a code option for a 24hr option when time permits.

Other that that - great job!

JasonCox, Dec 7, 2007
  2. JasonCox

Darren Senior Member

Thanks. We spent quite a bit of time working out how to make it more user friendly.

I will look into these issues.

When you pause a program, do you want the zones to switch off ?

We will have another look at this and see if it can be improved. Any specific suggestions would be appreciated.

Darren, Dec 7, 2007
  3. JasonCox

JasonCox

Yes - and pause the countdown timer.

A simple button that disabled the irrigation for 24hrs would do with a countdown timer display.

I am too much of a tight ass to get the cork sensor - so button pressing will have to do for now:p

JasonCox, Dec 8, 2007
Ask a Question