Irrigation Basics

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by leeandj, Apr 14, 2014.

1. leeandj

leeandj

Can someone point me to some documentation about installing an irrigation system to be controlled via C-Bus.

I understand that an SLC5108RELVP (I am in the US) is needed, but I need to give some information to my landscaper as to what else is needed to connect the irrigation system solenoids.

I can do the 'front-end' programming on the C-Touch, so no problems there, just need help with the 'physical' implementation.

Thanks!

Lee.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    leeandj, Apr 14, 2014
  2. leeandj

Roosta

Generally a powersupply is installed up near the relay module, then out from there its just a matter of running the solenoid cabling.. Dependant on the solenoids being used and local regulations..

Roosta, Apr 15, 2014
  3. leeandj

MadMal

As Roosta mentioned, all you need is a power supply to suit the solenoids and cable up accordingly.

Here in Oz, the standard is 24 AC solenoids on the valves - I usually buy small laptop power supplies from eBay that are 24V AC 2A, cut the plug off and stick a 2A fuse on the end.

I usually extend the lead that has the fuse on it to the LHS terminal on each relay.

I then bring in all the normal field cabling from the valves, join one side of them all to the lead from the power supply without the fuse.

Then run the 'active' from each solenoid to the respective relay terminal.

For consistency - I usually wire in the master valve, or bore pump control, to channel 0, then the others in some logical order if you can - maybe clockwise around the property, etc.

Then depends on how you are going to control the system is how you program it .. I have played with the Clipsal irrigation program a few times, but dont find it customisable enough (or I havent put the time to fully understand it) .. so I usually write my own - with complexity varying with the job ...

MadMal, Apr 17, 2014
Ask a Question