Irrigation App - Questions

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by pspeirs, Jan 2, 2017.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hi All,

I've been playing with the inbuilt irrigation app and have a couple of questions in relation to this.

Firstly, after watching the You Tube demo, I noted that the Seasons Selector Component changed when the system date was changed. This however does not seem to work on my system. Does this even have any effect or is it simply to indicate which schedule is being run?

The rain delay button which starts the delay schedule appears to disable the master enable however I assume it should re-enable once the timer period has expired. This is also not happening.

The other question is in regards to the Master Enable button, can I control this through logic for example based on the output of a rain detection unit.

To circumvent a bunch of answers is there a post somewhere that actually describes in detail, how this Irrigation component works.

Regards,
    Paul

pspeirs, Jan 2, 2017
  2. pspeirs

Ashley

Have you created the rain delay schedule? You need to do this manually from the EDIT/IRRIGATION menu, using the add rain delay schedule. Then when you select the rain delay function, it disables the master enable and prompts you to enter a delay in days. It then adjusts the schedule to execute at that time to re-enable the master enable.

The master enable is a standard enable control ga. Just use the SET/GET cbus state functions.

I have never heard of a Seasons Selector component so you may have to post a link to where you saw it. The irrigation controller has no inbuilt knowledge of seasons, so I assume it is just selecting various schedules.

Ashley, Jan 2, 2017
Ask a Question