IR Systems

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by SJH_Elect, May 10, 2005.

1. SJH_Elect

SJH_Elect

Hello Guys

Wanting to control a wall cabinet with the new Remote Control C-Bus

It has 12 Downlights in and has a auto opening door all wanting to be controlled

Do we use 5031nirl to recieve IR to activate the Dimmer and changeover Relay unit for the about system,

This whole thing is self contianed for them moment

Is there any information on all the IR device in C-Bus

Thanks

Steve
    Thanks

SJH_Elect, May 10, 2005
  2. SJH_Elect

Richo

Hi Steve,

The NIRT unit only transmits IR and cannot receive IR. To receive IR CIS has a few wall switches that can receive IR commands from our range of IR remotes. These plates (and the remotes) use the NEC protocol so it should be simple to get most (if not all) universal remotes to send commands if our IR remotes aren't suitable.

Don't have the product codes handy, but a check of the Trade Product Guide should highlight the wall switches that can receive IR.

When you say the new remote control C-bus, do you mean C-Bus Wireless? or the C-Bus Universal Remote Control?

The C-Bus Universal Remote Control can send the required IR commands to work with the wall switches I mentioned above. If you meant the C-Bus Wireless range they have nothing to do with IR and you would need to use a gateway, wireless remote and a switch (probably plugpack is cheapest) to then send C-Bus Wireless commands to the wired C-bus.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
    Richo, May 10, 2005
  3. SJH_Elect

SJH_Elect

Thanks

Yes meaning the C-Bus Universal Remote Control.

I said the NIRL NOT NIRT unit!

Is this unit only 4 channel or does this take in any code of cbus command and pass this onto the cbus network

Thanks

Steve

SJH_Elect, May 10, 2005
  4. SJH_Elect

Richo

Sorry Steve,

My bad, I have been working with the Nirt for so long everything is starting to look like one. :)

The 5031NIRL has the same functionality as a 4 key 2000 series switch, except instead of physical keys the 4 available IR commands are used to press the non-existant buttons.

So there are basically 4 buttons you can press using the IR remote.

Richo, May 10, 2005
  5. SJH_Elect

SJH_Elect

Thanks Richo for your time to answer my questions

So what is the Bank A, B, C thing in the plates
    And how do you assign things to A & B & C of the plate at the same time on the NIRL plate

So the new C-Bus Universal Remote Control can have 2x24 button on screen

How do you use all of the button allow on the remote, say if you have more then 4 functions you want to control separately in the one room.

Ie: 1 Top lights on/off
    2 Wall Blinds function Up
    3 Wall Blinds function Down
    4 Wall Lights Dim
    5 etc

Can you use Just 1 or do you have to have more nirl beside each other to accept all the command, if so what the use of the remote.

Also how do you use all the 12 button remote the 5034tx12 with A, B, C

Thanks

Steve

SJH_Elect, May 10, 2005
  6. SJH_Elect

Richo

d6n't have the info at hand to answer these questions, I'm not in the office. I'll buzz newman as he can answer all of this stuff in his sleep.

Richo, May 10, 2005
  7. SJH_Elect

Newman

From a 5031NIRL you will only be able to control 4 functions. If you would like to control 8 functions from a wall plate you will need a Neo series unit or Multisensor.

Each bank is a set of 4 IR codes. Hence, for a 5031NIRL you can choose which IR bank the unit responds to. This enables multiple 5031NIRL's to be in the same room and not interfere with each other. You cannot have different functions in a C-Bus 2000 series switch on different banks, they must all be on the same bank.

The 5030URC remote control is programmed only with Banks A & B. You may be able to learn in bank C from a 5034TX12 however (haven't tried).

The idea here is that you can have multiple C-Bus units in a room and control them all from 1 remote. The buttons on the 5034TX12 correspond to banks A, B and C, i.e. 12 functions in total.

Since a 5031NIRL can only do 4 things you will need additional units. A more discreet option than having multiple plates is to install a Multisensor in the ceiling. It can control up to 8 C-Bus Group Addresses or Scenes at once.

Newman, May 10, 2005
Ask a Question