IR Module (E5034NIRT)

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by jacksim, Oct 7, 2004.

1. jacksim

jacksim

Hi Experts,

I've configured a IR E5034NIRT to control my TV controls(on;off;channel up; channel down;mute).

In the Circa program, i added node(group address) as my controls. But when i sync the c-bus status in the c-gate. i cant get the address that i've already added in circa. Until i apply the group addresses in my relay channel, then i can sync the address.

I dont use any key-input switch to control all the items. Only purely control it through c-gate(portal).

Is this the way to configure the IR module?
    IF i want to control my home entertainment equipments(TV;DVD;AMP;VCR;CD PLAYER), then i have to buy more relays?

Jack

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2004
    jacksim, Oct 7, 2004
  2. jacksim

Richo

C-Gate picks up and uses the groups it extracts form basic units (switchs relays etc..) however, it can't extract group addresses from complex units like Nirt, Cbti, CTouch.

To enable C-Gate to use the group address that exits only in these unit you need to create phantom group address in C-Gate with the same application/group address.

Cheers,

Anthony Richardson

Richo, Oct 11, 2004
  3. jacksim

jacksim

Ir

Hi Anthony,
    I'm appreciated you advice but i dont really know how to "create phantom group address in C-Gate with the same application/group address."

Regards
    Jack

jacksim, Oct 11, 2004
  4. jacksim

Richo

Do a search for phantom in the CGate documentation will reveal all. Basically you need to issue a "new phantom" command. I don;t have C-Gate 1.5 handy so can't post the exact format and description of the command.

Richo, Oct 12, 2004
  5. jacksim

Richo

Just got some info from one of the C-Gate 1.5 experts inhouse.

"There used to be two syntaxes which supported phantoms

new phantom 1/56/100 0
    new group 1/56/101 phantom

but although you get an OK you can't turn on groups using the second syntax (which is the one documented)
    so unfortunately the first one is the only one that works and it's not documented."

Obvioulsy we will look at correcting the documentation

Richo, Oct 12, 2004
  6. jacksim

jacksim

thanks!

Richo,
    i'm still doing the testing... will get some info back here again.
    Appreciated your info!!

Thanks!
    Jack

jacksim, Oct 12, 2004
Ask a Question