IR Functionality

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by thelauman, Jan 25, 2005.

1. thelauman

thelauman

Hey guys,

I seem to recall from somewhere that there is only a limited number of infrared codes that can be used with cbus. If so what is the limitation? eg. 12 codes to correspond with the 12 button remote?

Reason why i ask, is that i would like to be able to use a programmable remote control and program it to fire codes to say a multisensor when then activates a scene.

So button 1, might activate the "All lounge room lights ON" scene
    button 2 - activates the "All lounge room lights OFF" scene..
    etc...

so how many codes/scene combination can i have?

Cheers

thelauman, Jan 25, 2005
  2. thelauman

Newman

C-Bus IR codes are arranged into what is called "Banks", i.e. Bank A, Bank B, Bank C etc. Each bank consists of 4 codes.

The 2000 series C-Bus units can respond to a single bank, (4 IR codes, e.g. Bank A)) at any given time and the Neo/Multisensor can respond to 2 banks (8 IR codes e.g. Banks A & B or Banks C & D) at any given time. Which bank(s) the unit responds to is selectable from the unit UI's.

The 5034TX remote transmits Bank A codes.
    The 5034TX12 remote transmits Bank A, B and C codes.
    The 5038TX remote transmits Bank A & B codes.

So, I suspect the answer to your question regarding the multiensor is that the unit will be able to trigger up to 8 Scenes via IR, provided that you're not using any other features in the unit such as PIR or LL Broadcasting etc.

Newman, Jan 26, 2005
Ask a Question