IR-Code via Logic module to set Low Fan on LG Split

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobAlphabet, Jun 30, 2007.

1. RobAlphabet

RobAlphabet

I have recently set up a couple of LG Art Cool inverters splits. ( FYI these are great head units to hide the IR leads in the front panel ) I Used the IR learner for the On and off commands, all working well.

Application Scenario :

If I use the LG remote control and set for 24 deg and medium fan, and later turn the unit off via c- bus switch or remote. Then turn it back ON it will be on the last temperature i.e 24, however the unit turns on with full fan speed.( I assume this default setting of the unit )
    I would like to have it come on low.

To achieve this I know I have to press the speed button 3 times to get to low from High. having only a brief Logic basics Question - how would I tackle this in a logic module ??? Once or IF or Do while..
    that I wish to trigger from a switch or Schedule.

RobAlphabet, Jun 30, 2007
  2. RobAlphabet

Phil.H

When the C-Bus command is fired to turn your AC unit on
    start a timer in the PAC
    for a timer value of 2sec send the fan speed command
    for a timer value of 3sec send the fan speed command
    for a timer value of 4sec send the fan speed command
    for a timer value of 5sec reset the timer.
    You can achieve all this with about 6 lines of code if you use a case statement. (need to have null operation for 1sec) this suggestion stages the commands with one second intervals - you may have to experiment with the times depending on the IR code length and speed.

If you want example code - yell out and we will work out a way to transact beer ;)

Phil.H, Jun 30, 2007
  3. RobAlphabet

RobAlphabet

Thanks

Phil Thank you for your response. I have an idea what you are saying. I will give it a go,otherwise I will need to arrange you a 6 pack for your code.

:cool:

RobAlphabet, Jun 30, 2007
  4. RobAlphabet

Phil.H

:)
    There are much better ways to set this up from C-Bus perspectives (Trigger) and logic perspectives, however, this illustrates the concept I was thinking of...

Code:
    once GetLightingState("LG Air Master")= ON then
    begin
      TimerStart (TimerLG); {TimerLG is a declared Constant for a Timer (n) value :}

case TimerTime (TimerLG) of
      1 : ;
      2 : PulseCBusLevel("Backbone", "Lighting", "LG Air Fan", 100%, "0s", "0:00:01", 0%);
      3 : ;
      4 : PulseCBusLevel("Backbone", "Lighting", "LG Air Fan", 100%, "0s", "0:00:01", 0%);
      5 : ;
      6 : PulseCBusLevel("Backbone", "Lighting", "LG Air Fan", 100%, "0s", "0:00:01", 0%);
      7 : TimerStop (TimerLG);
      end
    end;

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
    Phil.H, Jul 1, 2007
  5. RobAlphabet

RobAlphabet

Thanks for Logic help

Thanks Phil I have not yet put code in as I have been having dramas with learning the fan speed codes. I have the unit going to specific temps rather than up or down. Will keep you posted.

cheers

RobAlphabet, Jul 2, 2007
  6. RobAlphabet

RobAlphabet

Help ?? Ir Codes

I have tried captuiring the IR code for the third time even tried using the other remote. Even when trying to establish the frequency using the wizard it has had trouble capturing the first button and doing it again is all good but when selecting the other it reads an error 1 unique Interval press ok to record. I had no trouble initially few weeks ago for learning the on off commands. But these fan speed codes are just not working they seem to control the temp up and down in increments of 2.

Anny suggestions ?

RobAlphabet, Jul 2, 2007
  7. RobAlphabet

SHANE1234

SHANE1234, Jul 3, 2007
Ask a Question