IR code learning problems

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Infolink, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Infolink

Infolink

Hi There

RE: 5100RP - IR Reader

When trying to learn the protocol of a remote I get an error message on the second press of the first button saying ' inconsistent carrier'. Now I know the carrier across this remote is the same (it's the RTI control codes for the RP6, which launches IR and 232 codes by triggering one of these control codes). I'm having exactly the same problem with the Axium 452 AV. Any ideas on how I can get around this. I'm hoping to avoid converting hex to xml - going to be a frustrating and arduous task and would appreciate any advice here, or if anybody perhaps has these codes learned I'd be eternally grateful.

Any ideas why in general the IR Reader is so unpredictable / unsuccessful in the main compared to say the Pronto?

Thanks

Richard

Infolink, Mar 17, 2009
  2. Infolink

Newman

The 5100RP has a 'broad band' IR Receiver for accepting IR codes from just about any kind of IR Transmitter available. Unfortunately this also means that it's susceptible to interference and needs a good clean signal to learn the code successfully.

For the best performance, turn off any fluorescent lighting or shield the unit from any stray sources of light. Put the IR remote as close as possible to the IR Reader to get a good signal. Try and keep the unit away from sunlight, which desensitizes the receiver.

Newman, Mar 17, 2009
Ask a Question