IR Circa Error msg

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by jacksim, Aug 25, 2004.

1. jacksim

jacksim

Hi Experts,

Anyone face this error msg "Unable to find Protocol Records for Devie". I'm appreciated your help!

Rgds

Jack

jacksim, Aug 25, 2004
  2. jacksim

Richo

When you import the protocol from the file generated by IR Reader ensure the "overwrite protocols" checkbox is ticked. (Can't be sure the name, but there are only 2 checkbox to choose form on the import protocol screen.

Richo, Aug 25, 2004
  3. jacksim

jacksim

Yes, is Overwrite Protocols. Thanks for your info!! is there any brand of Home Entertainment equipment CANNOT be load IR into IR module?

jacksim, Aug 26, 2004
  4. jacksim

Newman

There have been the odd hassle with some Carrier-less IR codes. This is a known issue and will be fixed when the Circa update is released.

There has been mixed success with B & O gear as well as some Denon devices. Some seem to work OK, others not, but generally pretty good.

I'm sure others will have more to say. People seem to have problems with various IR Reader/Laptop combinations rather than the specific IR Remotes themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2004
    Newman, Aug 26, 2004
  5. jacksim

Richo

There are issues with regards to using Foxtel Digital remotes, this is being investigated. This is an issue that appears to affect a large range of 3rd party universal remotes.

IR codes that are very long may not work as well, this is being address with the next Circa release. The issue is in the Circa software, not IR Reader or the NIRT hardware. This most likely will appear when using air conditioner remote controls. Make sure you have the latest version of IR Reader (available here http://www.clipsal.com/cis/downloads.php3#IRReader ) which provides spport for slightly longer IR codes than the previous version. (Actually both IR readers support full length IR Codes, it's just version 1.1 formats the file differently to allow Circa to handle slightly longer codes)

Other than that the range of support in NIRT is very large and most (read that as meaning, virtually everything we have tested) works (see Newman's post for some exceptions)

You may find issues with learning IR codes on some laptops, this is being investigated, certainly desktops seem to be more reliable in this regard.

Richo, Aug 26, 2004
  6. jacksim

jacksim

Experts,

Thanks for yours info... i'll try out the method soon.
    Appreciate your info.

Jack

jacksim, Aug 26, 2004
  7. jacksim

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Guys
    I had problems learning my LG TV ir codes....well not actually learning but getting my TV to respond to the signal that was txed by the ir tx unit...I believe the issue may be the LG TV uses RC5 Format where there is a toggle bit in the ir code to indicate a new press...I have the same issue when the signal is send by my HA Controller Homevision and the only way around it i could think of was to save the same ir code twice, one with the toggle bit set and the other with it reset....

HTH
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 26, 2004
  8. jacksim

Newman

Frank

That would work, you could configure one code to be triggered when the Group is turned On and the other code to be triggered when the group is turned off. That way you would only have to press the 1 button to activate both codes.

Alternatively, the RC-5 code set is included in the library supplied with Circa. You could try that too.

Newman, Aug 27, 2004
  9. jacksim

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Newman
    If my understanding of the rc5 format is correct then im not sure how the rc5 library is going to fix the problem i have....For example say i have learned the LGTV Power on/off code and the toggle bit was set when learned.....Now say the last signal received by the LG TV had the toggle bit set.....A scheduled event occurrs in my ha controller to turn the LG TV ON....It will transmit the power on with the toggle bit set and the tv will not respond as it is looking for the toggle reset...???.....Luckily i can test the status of the tv and send a power on code with the toggle bit reset if needed but it means saving two codes for every button .....
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 27, 2004
  10. jacksim

Newman

Frank

All of the RC-5 coded devices that we've come across just ignore the toggle bit, so it's unfortunate that you've got one that is sensitive to it.

The only reason I say to try the RC-5 codes in the supplied library is that there may be a subtle difference that tells the TV to accept the code regardless. It's worth a try. Other than that it's 2 codes for every button as you say.

Newman, Aug 27, 2004
  11. jacksim

Frank Mc Alinden

The only reason I say to try the RC-5 codes in the supplied library is that there may be a subtle difference that tells the TV to accept the code regardless. It's worth a try. Other than that it's 2 codes for every button as you say.

Worth a try thanks a lot.......

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 27, 2004
Ask a Question