IR basics & the Universal Remote Control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Tom Kecil, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Tom Kecil

Tom Kecil

Are the only IR units compatible with the new Universal Remote Control NEO and Scenemaster?

I have a cabled C-Bus network including Minder but no IR functionality as yet. The new products bulletin says that the URC works with SceneMaster and NEO but I can't see any more info... Is there a brochure on the URC available yet???

I don't have a need for a SceneMaster for it's own sake, so will something simple like a 5031NIRL (single button IR receiver) allow me to receive C-Bus IR signals from the URC? Will it be limited to 4 channels?

To put it simply, what is the most economical IR receiving solution to get the URC's signals received on C-Bus and how many different devices will it allow me to switch/dim?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Kecil, Jan 19, 2005
  2. Tom Kecil

Newman

C-Bus has 2 basic IR formats that cover all our devices and the 5030URC supports both to some degree.

All the 2000 series IR devices and the Neo wallplates use one type and the 5030URC supports banks A and B, 4 keys per bank, so that's a total of 8 C-Bus Keys that can be controlled. The cheapest way to control up to 4 groups is with a 2000 series IR Receiver plate. The cheapest way to control up to 8 groups on C-Bus is with a 2-key Neo plate.

The 5030URC also supports the IR Codes that are transmitted from the 5035TX remote which is used to control the Scene Master and C-Touch. In fact the C-Touch can be programmed to respond to a variety of Remote Controls based on the NEC IR Protocol so in theory you can control dozens of functions on a C-Touch with a 5030URC as it can learn IR codes from many remote types.

In summary, Yes and Yes.

Newman, Jan 19, 2005
  3. Tom Kecil

marka

urc

tom

the remotes are available now

i got one last week and it is easy to use and easy to set up

works that good i even have the wife is using it

great product clipsal!

marka, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Tom Kecil

Wilko

*bump!*

I've just supplied one of these units, and already the customer is asking for more. I'd like to learn codes from one of the 12 button C-Bus remotes, so the 5030URC can control all three banks of IR. Any foreseeable problems with this? I'm curious as to why it doesn't support banks A, B and C out of the box.

Also - are there any plans to produce a 12 channel IR receiver? It can be tedious explaining to a customer why you have to put 2 or 3 receivers next to each other.

Cheers. :)

Wilko, Oct 17, 2005
Ask a Question