iphone/iPod App due for release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonypeter, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonypeter

tonypeter

Hi All,

We have had our iPhone/iTouch product compatible with our TouchSoft Automation software for 8 months. Building on this successful product we have now completed a native iPhone app and this will be available for download from the Apps store in the next week. Features include:

• Add Unlimited Menu Descriptions
    • Add Unlimited Sub-Menus
    • Add unlimited Devices
    • Create on/off or dimmer controls
    • Configure to display or hide Edit function
    • Simply add ip address of CNI
    • Will detect loss of C-Bus network
    • Automatic reconnection
    • Real time network device status on App startup
    • Two way communication
    • Dim from 0% to 100%
    • Instant network response
    • This version supports all applications and group addresses
    • Automated device capture, simply press a button/switch to assign device information in the program
    • Built on existing solid Touchsoft technology

This application is completely stand alone and requires only a CNI can be up and running in minutes simple to program with no real programming knowledge.

Be prepared to be surprised how little this App will cost.

Tony Peter
    TouchSoft

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    tonypeter, Jul 7, 2009
  2. tonypeter

filpee

A CNI version would be nice ;)

Looking forward to this so keep in touch.

filpee, Jul 8, 2009
  3. tonypeter

ariddell

What sort of $ are we talking?

Will it work with c-gate or would we need to splash out on a CNI too?

Sounds like it could get expensive if CNI is a requirement. :(

ariddell, Jul 8, 2009
  4. tonypeter

filpee

In another post he mentioned that a c-gate version is possible but not yet done.
    Let him know here that your interested in a c-gate version and I'm sure he will get it done.

filpee, Jul 8, 2009
  5. tonypeter

wappinghigh

Great. I'll be buying it!

Will this work with any other cbus ethernet devices? I guess I am asking what cbus devices offer a CNI?. Obviously the 5500CN, but are there any others eg some touchscreens.?

How about the Wiser. Could this be used to operate the new app? :)

I know this forum prob. hates spruiking, but have you a link to your website?

Also Don't you have to have a PC running to use cgate? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    wappinghigh, Jul 8, 2009
  6. tonypeter

gotliebk

Iphone App

Tony,

Your news (and your app) are greatly appreciated. Please let me know when it is purchasable from the Apple store.

gotliebk, Jul 8, 2009
  7. tonypeter

tonypeter

Hi,

Thanks everyone for their enquiries.

We are doing some wiser tests at the moment, but I don't know what level of connectivity will be available as CNI's typically only allow one connection at time, but I understand the later models may be different.

Regarding c-gate, yes you do need a computer running it. The idea behind offering it as CNI based solution is that it is the most cost effective/minimal equipment solution.

However if there is sufficient interest for a c-gate based solution for those already running homegate (and hence c-gate), it would not be a major technical issue to create a c-gate version.

Obviously it could work as a standalone c-gate version, but you would want to ensure that it was up and running all the time as the sync time for c-gate is painfully slow on a large house and would really need to be running and synced when you launch the iphone app.

Tony

tonypeter, Jul 9, 2009
  8. tonypeter

wappinghigh

Tony- in your Wiser tests are you plugging your solution through a separate 5500 CNI?

I have a Wiser and use it all the time(ie my browser is always on and linked) but I'd also like to runn your app concurently. Is this possible? I have no probs purchasing a 5500 CNI as well to do this. In fact Im planning a major cbus upgrade right now....

wappinghigh, Jul 9, 2009
  9. tonypeter

kjayakumar

I believe Wiser allows multiple simultaneous connections, 6 concurrent sessions (total including from browser, mediacenter, phone) are the official number. But if you are using your Wiser as a CNI, then yes, only one connection is supported at a time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    kjayakumar, Jul 9, 2009
  10. tonypeter

wappinghigh

For Tony...again..

If the Wiser already has a CNI and can be used (as the previous post seems to indicate), how and what is used to interface the iphone app? ...or is this a trade secret?

In any case do you need to purchase a separate ethernet interface to plug into (any) CNI to use the app>??

I don't get it. The CNI is wired. The iphone is wireless. :confused::confused:

wappinghigh, Jul 9, 2009
  11. tonypeter

tonypeter

Confirm Wiser compatible tested and running. The wiser will give focus to the current application for example if you start our iPhone app it will take focus and once you quit the iPhone app it will give the focus back to the Wiser software.

New feature added - Pulse button for controlling blinds or firing a group address with Scenes.

If you have a Wiser you don't need to purchase a separate CNI. If you use a CNI then it plugs into your network, you will also need a a wireless router or wireless hub. To get the iPhone or iPod to communicate with the CNI go to settings on the iPhone or iPod select TouchSoft Automation and type in the IP address of the CNI and your done connected. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    tonypeter, Jul 9, 2009
  12. tonypeter

wappinghigh

Ok!

Cool. One early adopter ready to try it!! When's the launch?

wappinghigh, Jul 9, 2009
  13. tonypeter

kjayakumar

Ah, I think it is important to make sure we all understand the implications of this. When you say "it will take focus", what I think you mean is that your iphone application is using the Wiser as a CNI (ie: making it go into transparent mode), and thus your Wiser will no longer be able to perform its C-Bus functions during that time, so no Scenes on the Wiser, no Logic, no Schedules will run during that time. If you've got a browser, mediacenter, a phone, etc connected to your Wiser during that time, then they will all not function until the Wiser is switched back out of transparent mode. Let me know if I'm mistaken in my understanding of your statement.

kjayakumar, Jul 10, 2009
  14. tonypeter

tonypeter

Hi,

In that scenario yes you're correct. If you connect to the wiser, it will go into transparent mode while you use the iphone. The wiser should jump back out by itself when you disconnect.

Please bear in mind the following
    * This is a function of the wiser and it does allow you to use the pre-existing cni connection
    * The app launches very quickly, so if you go in, turn on the lights, fire a few scenes and then get back out again, the downtime for the wiser is not a big deal.

Otherwise you can just add another CNI, but it just gives people more options.

Tony

tonypeter, Jul 10, 2009
  15. tonypeter

tonypeter

iPhone/iPod - TouchSoft Cbus app screen shots

Hi All,

As promised here are some screen shots of the forthcoming product.

Main Menu
    [​IMG]

Section show lighting controls
    [​IMG]

Section showing pulse control
    [​IMG]

Edit screen with easy capture feature
    [​IMG]

If you go into edit mode you can add, delete and rearrange in normal iphones app fashion. You can also rename sections and change group addresses and lighting types.

Tony

tonypeter, Jul 10, 2009
  16. tonypeter

wappinghigh

With no problems...

Tony. Wow. Great stuff! But I'm assuming this editing stuff doesn't actually alter the addresses within cbus...just within the iphone app. Wouldn't want any screw up of my actual PICED system. It's taken hrs/days...make that yrs to get right!

wappinghigh, Jul 10, 2009
  17. tonypeter

tonypeter

:) Gee, no way does not alter your hard work simply captures the information.

tonypeter, Jul 10, 2009
  18. tonypeter

kopcom

Iphone App working on wiser and cni

Hi All,

I have been testing the new iphone app from Touchsoft and it works great. I have it fully working on the the WISER and several CNI's. Its response times are instant and it works quicker than a switch or off a touch screen. I have taken my iphone to one of my clients and had it running in under 3 mins (cni was already installed). I walked around with the client and could control all lighting, trigger scenes and dim lighting. The rooms are configured easily and once you set the name of the light you just walk over to the light or device you want to control and press the cbus switch and it captures the group address. After you have set the iphone or ipod touch you can also disable modification so your client doesnt accidentally clear a group address.

THIS APP ROCKS !!!!!

GREAT WORK TONY AND MICHAEL.

This is going to be a big hit especially that if you already have an ethernet cni installed and most costomers have wireless already for there iphones. All you need is the app and your good to go.

Cant wait for the final release and future updates

Regards Garry Kopek

kopcom, Jul 10, 2009
  19. tonypeter

ariddell

Sounds great!

C-Gate version please!! :)

ariddell, Jul 11, 2009
  20. tonypeter

tonypeter

Ok it is on the list, not a big issue, are you running Homegate?

tonypeter, Jul 11, 2009
Ask a Question