iPhone app for CBus - BETA testers needed

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brad007, Dec 18, 2008.

1. brad007

DDirk

IPhone App

There seems to be a few different IPhone Apps available.

DDirk

DDirk, Feb 16, 2010
  2. brad007

Rob Walmsley

Looks good Brad, Nick has the main addition ideas wrapped up, especially interested in CNI as interface. Would also like to see an App to control multiple projects. This would be good for us to show people the possibilities for their project as well as still have our own home or test/display boards in the phone at all times.

Rob Walmsley, Jul 9, 2010
  3. brad007

brodricj

I'd be interested in an iPad Cgate version, save having to buy another CNI. With these apps and iPad being relatively cheap, is it going to make the CTC redundant? Savant have dumped their touchscreen product range because of iPad, I wonder if the same will happen to CTC eventually.

brodricj, Jul 11, 2010
  4. brad007

NickD Moderator

Such an architecture will never replace the CTC, because it doesn't (and can't) do everything that a CTC can do. Don't get me wrong... for some people, it may well be perfectly adequate, but I don't think it could never be a replacement in the product range. A native iPad app and a Wiser might get you closer, but the CTC can still do a lot that the Wiser can't do.

As for Savant.. their architecture is quite different to C-Bus (and already heavily Apple-based), and the iPad is just an interface into their system... much the same way as the Wiser is just an interface into C-Bus (and the iPhone app is an interface in to Wiser).

Nick

NickD, Jul 12, 2010
  5. brad007

Colink

Ipod or Galaxy to CNI

Hi Brad, Love the way this looks,

I am about to install a c-bus system into a quadraplegic mate's place so he can control it from his wheel chair.
    Was looking for a way to wirelessly connect to a CNI.
    I was trying to avoid the wiser and connect the CNI straight to a wireless router.
    I have used my I phone to control a LabWindows CVI program wirelessly.
    I am an electronics eng and C programmer and specialize in serial comms but have only just dicovered C-bus.
    I would love to try your beta version if possible.
    Cheers
    Col Kerr

Colink, Sep 30, 2012
  6. brad007

Roosta

Hey Colink,

Whats the benefits/problems in using a cni and router and 3rd party software opposed to using a wiser and wiser app? particularly when using them to control CBus?

I find it hard too understand the logic..

Cheers..

Roosta, Sep 30, 2012
Ask a Question