iPhone app for CBus - BETA testers needed

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brad007, Dec 18, 2008.

1. brad007

DelusnOfGrandeur

Can't wait for this app to be available

Hi Brad,

I've been watching this thread with interest hoping for some news on the availability of your app... I have both an iPhone & an iPod touch so an application to control my C-Bus lights and equipment is something I have been searching for for the past year.

Would it be possible to give us a quick update on your progress and please add me to your beta testers list.

Thanks

Austin

DelusnOfGrandeur, Apr 22, 2009
  2. brad007

ariddell

Sounds like a very neat and useful app. Would love to give this a shot too & provide any assistance/feedback we can.

Thanks

Al

ariddell, Apr 27, 2009
  3. brad007

DJK

Brad,

I just received the iphone development kit (newbie), but am a Software Engineer and would like to help out with development of this applicaiton.

Any interest?

DJK, May 20, 2009
  4. brad007

Rowan Goss

awesome looking app - Great

hi brad,

that looks awesome!!!! i am super keen to test when you have a sample ready.

Rowan Goss, Jun 9, 2009
  5. brad007

Christian

Iphone test

Brad

I also would like to test for you when you are ready

Looks great

Christian, Jun 15, 2009
  6. brad007

DanielF

Hi Brad,

I would love to test the beta version. Got some iphones, ipods touch and plenty of CBus2 homes integrated by our company in Argentina.

Thanks in advance.

DanielF, Jun 17, 2009
  7. brad007

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Android?

Hi Brad,

Depending on the framework and libraries you are using, what would be the feasibility of an Android version of this software?

Would it be possible for it to share most of the same codebase, or do you feel it would have to be a separate app?

daniel, Jun 18, 2009
  8. brad007

GibbyK

Hey this might be a stupid question but is there an beta app like this one for a windows based phone. I've got an HTC HD or (Blackstone,8282). Its like an Iphone (European) version.

GibbyK, Jun 25, 2009
  9. brad007

ariddell

Has anyone actually heard anything more on this one since the initial posts?

All seems to have gone quiet - anyone heard from Brad/been able to give this a try?

ariddell, Jun 26, 2009
  10. brad007

NickD Moderator

I'd been thinking the same thing... He went quiet for a while, and his last post was back in March.

FWIW, there will eventually be an iPhone app to access the Wiser, which will offer the same functionality (actually probably more), but remove the reliance on a connection to C-Gate.

Nick

NickD, Jun 26, 2009
  11. brad007

KevinH

I was kinda hoping for some news on this but it all seems to have gone quiet ... so if people were prepared to pay money for this then my C-Bus gateway home project already has the capability. Basically this is a standalone box (circa $250 US) that sits between C-Bus and other devices or networks including Ethernet. It includes an inbuilt device server for Command Fusions' iViewer application.

So if you then purchase iViewer clients for your iPhones/Touches they can connect to my gateway and onwards to C-Bus allowing the buttons to offer on/off realtime control and you can use sliders too for brightness. I have been using this for sometime here - just never promoted it. iViewer includes a totally customisable GUI Designer and is free for two screens, but chargeable above that.

http://www.commandfusion.com

OTOH - If the native iPhone / C-Bus application described above does materialise, connecting via C-Gate or a PCI/CNI then it could be a lower cost solution for everyone.

The C-Bus gateway is not currently C-Bus Enabled/approved ... but I'm working on it

{edit} I should also add that I am not a company and I have provided these gateways 'at cost' based on some enquiries about my project, so no commercial angle here. Should the product become officially C-Bus Enabled / approved then that might become a whole different scenario.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
    KevinH, Jun 29, 2009
  12. brad007

wappinghigh

Yep.

I'd be prepared to pay money for this and give it a go?:)

What do I do next???

wappinghigh, Jul 1, 2009
  13. brad007

KevinH

I'll pop up a new thread in this forum with some further details - rather than hijack this one - give me a couple of days..

K

{edit} I haven't put the thread up as the other software application mentioned would seem to promise an easier and lower cost solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
    KevinH, Jul 2, 2009
  14. brad007

tonypeter

Iphone interface on CNI

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, not an attempt to hijack this thread but I can see there is a lot of interest for the topic so thought you might like to know we have developed an iphone app (already submitted to apple) that will allow connection using just a CNI.

Full two way etc, add as many rooms and buttons as you like, slider control.

Check out

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5285

Cgate version could be easily available within weeks if there is sufficient interest, our current products support this already so it would not be a big deal.

Tony

tonypeter, Jul 7, 2009
  15. brad007

KevinH

That's really good news..well done :)

K

KevinH, Jul 8, 2009
  16. brad007

UK Household Automation

Has anything happened aout this yet we would eb very interested as have live applications for same..

Thanks
    Andy

UK Household Automation, Jul 22, 2009
  17. brad007

truaudio

beta tester

hi brad live in Australia and would love to test your beta if its still available for testing, new to c-bus so i am not going to repeat every body's posts with the same stuff, looking at getting a wiser soon, if that helps!!
    Barry Jones :):):)

truaudio, Aug 6, 2009
  18. brad007

mymatrix

Hi Brad

It looks like a great product, i am trying to start my own business doing this sort of stuff so if it all goes well i could sell it for you to my clients, any idea of prices?

Ta

Matrix

mymatrix, Feb 10, 2010
  19. brad007

kjayakumar

I assume you all already know that Clipsal released an app for the iPhone/iTouch for free that works with C-Bus using Wiser.

kjayakumar, Feb 11, 2010
  20. brad007

NickD Moderator

Last I looked it was released and available on the Apple App Store. Search for "c-bus".

Nick

NickD, Feb 11, 2010
Ask a Question