iPAD won't connect to Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by rmm1, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rmm1

rmm1

I have setup the Wiser and my notebook PC can access the Web OK.

My iPOD also connects to the Web with Router set at 10.1.1.1 and DNS 10.1.1.1

The iPAD unfortunately reads the ROUTER at 10.1.1.17 which is the address of the WISER (Inline CNI is at 10.1.1.18) and DNS 10.1.1.1 so this cannot seem to access the WEB. Anyone know why it keeps picking the router at 10.1.1.17? I can't seem to force it to see the router at 10.1.1.1 (the gateway to the LAN).

I have another Wireless router and devices can access the WEB through that including the iPAD.

Thanks.

rmm1, Jun 1, 2010
  2. rmm1

Colin Moderator

Do you have DHCP services enabled on the Wiser

It sounds as if you are running the Wiser as a LAN only Device, if this is the case check that the Wiser has DHCP disabled, Thats about the only reason i can see you would get the incorrect Gateway address.

You may also try settting a static address in the Ipad with the correct gateway and DNS.

Last of all what is the firmware version of your Wiser?

Colin, Jun 1, 2010
  3. rmm1

kjayakumar

It sounds like you're using your Wiser as a LAN device, meaning you have a 3rd party router as the actual router. This is fine, but you need to be careful with all of the IP settings, and you can search the forum for more detailed advice on such setups. I would check the following things:
    - ensure only one DHCP server is enabled on your network, presumably from your actual router
    - ensure that your Wiser has its gateway IP and DNS set in the PICED project to your actual router's IP and DNS

kjayakumar, Jun 1, 2010
Ask a Question