Ipad wall dock?

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by pbelectrical, Sep 22, 2014.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could recommend a supplier (preferably located in Australia) for a wall mount iPad dock that includes a charger. The idea is that instead of a traditional touch screen is to mount an iPad to the wall so as that the customer can have access to their c-bus, security and intercom etc through apps installed on the iPad. Also if anyone else has done this and has any tips, recommendations or warnings it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

pbelectrical, Sep 22, 2014
  2. pbelectrical

Ashley

3. pbelectrical

rhamer

rhamer, Sep 22, 2014
  4. pbelectrical

Htnut

I am very happy with my iPort control mount mini

The Australian distributer is a Amber technology

Htnut, Sep 22, 2014
  5. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Thanks for the replies, I will check them out. I swear I did do a forum search, must have had a boys look.

pbelectrical, Sep 23, 2014
  6. pbelectrical

lcrowhurst

iPad Frame

Thanks guys for pointing to my iPad frame

I developed my iPad frame for exactly this reason. I wanted to use an iPad to control CBus, RTI , Ness etc, but couldn't find a mount that matched the Clipsal switches etc.

Clients have used them in various combination of installs , eg vnc to a pc running homegate, Ness ipad app, wiser app, Rti app. etc.

In the past I used touch screen computers, but this was expensive to buy and also expensive to repair/replace.

The iPads have proved a great solution, relatively large screen, relatively cheap to install/replace.

lcrowhurst, Sep 27, 2014
  7. pbelectrical

lcrowhurst

I’m just about to release Gen 2 of my iPad wall mounts. Initially on-wall but in wall will also be available . They currently support the iPad 8 and 7 and the IPad Air 4. There will be the option of zen white and black, Saturn pure white and stainless. Other colours are available on request. I have attached a short video of installing and iPad 8 in my new wall mount.

lcrowhurst, Nov 24, 2020
    Mr Mark likes this.
  8. pbelectrical

tassiebean

We've also developed an iPad frame designed to replace the old c-bus colour touchscreens, especially when used with SHAC/NAC. The white one is a nice replacement for the Pure White/Ocean Mist colour touchscreen. Details here:

https://vivisys.com.au/ipadframes/

We've also hidden the home button to try to avoid the "iPad stuck up on a wall look". You rarely need to use the home button, and we've posted a number of videos explaining that, and other tips for using an iPad on the wall. Take a look:

https://vivisys.com.au/category/ipad-frames/

Cheers, Phil

tassiebean, Aug 15, 2021
Ask a Question