iPad app for Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by nickrusanov, Apr 30, 2010.

1. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

I tried an iPhone app on iPad, it worked and even fullscreen if you press x2.

But does SE/Clipsal plan to release special version for iPad? It really deserves it.

Hope it's gonna be like this Crestron app)

Attached Files:

nickrusanov, Apr 30, 2010
  2. nickrusanov

ven

snag on ipad

Hi.
    We also put the app on the Ipad, every now and then quite randomly when you try to adjust the slider on a group the page jumps (scrolls) up. expl. you adjust a group at bottom of screen and group jumps to top of screen. when you slide your finger the adress still changes.

Also a good idea wood be a app for windows based tablets.

ven, Apr 30, 2010
  3. nickrusanov

kjayakumar

For Windows based tablets, I believe Clipsal is recommending the use of the Adobe Flash based user interface. I believe there is a Flash projector application (.exe) being made available as well.

For the iPad, I assume you are referring to the use of the Wiser iPhone/iTouch app, running on the iPad. I believe the engineering folks themselves have not yet had the good fortune to get an iPad, (you're ahead of them there :)) but the necessary machinations have been initiated.

kjayakumar, May 1, 2010
  4. nickrusanov

rmm1

I am told the WISER app needs the WISER hardware. Can the app be used with just the CNI?

I am new to C Bus - I am still waiting on my CNI.

rmm1, May 24, 2010
  5. nickrusanov

NickD Moderator

This is correct... it's an app specifically designed to give access to the Wiser.

The normal interface to Wiser is via a web browser, however it requires the web broswer to have Flash support, which is not available on the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, so there is a dedicated app for these devices.

No.

Nick

NickD, May 24, 2010
  6. nickrusanov

kjayakumar

Hi rmm1,

Welcome. Yes, you are correct that the Clipsal Wiser-iPhone app (and any other Clipsal Wiser app for that matter) absolutely requires a Wiser. You will not be able to use those apps if you only have a CNI.

kjayakumar, May 25, 2010
  7. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

Hello kjayakumar!
    Do you have any information about possible new version of iPhone / iPad Wiser client

nickrusanov, May 26, 2010
  8. nickrusanov

kjayakumar

Hi Nick,

The 2nd release of the iPhone app is being actively worked on at the moment. Just trying to iron out some last few issues. It should come out pretty soon.

The native iPad client (using full iPad features and capabilities); I'm not sure what is the expected date of release but it will not be as soon as the 2nd release of the iPhone app.

kjayakumar, May 27, 2010
  9. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

Thanks alot!

nickrusanov, May 27, 2010
Ask a Question