IP Camera

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dak, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Dak

Dak

znelbok,

I was not planning to use PTZ. Will the cabling requirements differ if I decide to go PTZ. Sorrry if this is a stupid question, dont have any experience with this stuff at all.

Dak

Dak, Jun 8, 2006
  2. Dak

Darpa

Dak,

If you want to be sure that you are going to be able to handle anything, I would run the following before you pour the concrete:

1 run of power, 2.5mm T+E would be more than enough
    1 run of coax, RG6 would be your best bet there, and also the cheapest (compared to other high-quality coax's)
    2 runs of Cat5e or Cat6

If you ran all of that, you will be guaranteed of being able to use almost any camera you can think of (unless of course you're an insane security fiend and want to run fiber as well, lol)

It will also mean that you will absolutely have extra capacity to run extra services out there if the need arrises later on.

Cat5e/Cat6 is cheap, so running 2 lines of it now is worth the small investment. It will also mean that even if you use some proprietary PTZ cameras in future that require special cabling, there is a very very good chance that the Cat5e/Cat6 will be able to handle that capability.

Best of luck,

Darpa :)

Darpa, Jun 9, 2006
  3. Dak

Dak

Thanks Darpa,

I will run the cabling as you have suggested.

PS. I'm not a security fiend, just wanna see who's at the gate before I open it.
    Lots of unsavoury characters around my place (that should read as lots of door to door salespeople)! :D

Again Thanks

Dak, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Dak

PSC

Yeah, those Clipsal sales reps are a pain in the a$$ :p

PSC, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Dak

Darpa

I swear Peter, you and the CIS boys make me feel like this is high-school all over again :p

Darpa, Jun 9, 2006
Ask a Question