IP Camera (ebay) Success!

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Rexie, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Rexie

Rexie

I recently bought an Ebay Ip camera, supposedly weatherproof, and IR leds.

It is unbranded, but does not look too bad (not that I am an expert).

It has standard video output, and Ip output. Documentation is a little average, but I have succeeded in locating the URL for the C-touch web-cam wizard. Simply the Ip address, followed by /snapshot.cgi.
    eg: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/snapshot.cgi.

Image quality is good.
    Cost is great, about $110 including postage.

It was listed on ebay as "Outdoor Internet IP Network Camera Security Video Wired" and is an F series ip camera. It would help I know, if it had some branding....sorry.

Rexie, Dec 29, 2009
  2. Rexie

znelbok

Can you tell me if the camera has a composite output as well.

I found them on ebay and they appear to have a small breakout cable. It looks like there is a BNC connector on them as well for composite as well

Mick

znelbok, Jan 6, 2010
  3. Rexie

Rexie

Camera does have composite output

Hi Mick,

I've attached an image of the connections. The unmarked lead is I think, for some alarm outputs (triggered by motion).

I did short the reset leads which reset the ip address, but the supplied camera finder software located the defaulted address and I was able to set a new ip address.

Camera has been working fine & I have ordered another two.

Cheers

Attached Files:

Rexie, Jan 7, 2010
  4. Rexie

KevinH

Is there any ability to mask out certain areas , for the motion detection or is it full screen only ?

Interesting that it has PTZ inbuilt - presumbably the PT is for use when Z'd.

K

KevinH, Jan 9, 2010
  5. Rexie

znelbok

That could be what the unmarked cable is for - PTZ output. Cant tell from the photo, but it looks like a mini-din plug or a multi-pin plug of some type.

Mick

znelbok, Jan 9, 2010
  6. Rexie

brodricj

I bought the F-series camera some time ago and I couldn't get it working with CBUS, although it does work well with the software application that is included. The breakout cable seems to be a generic one, there is a composite BNC video connector but the camera doesn't support video out (only IP). The camera does not support PTZ either. The camera is poorly documented. I gave up on the camera after I took it to someone who is very savvy with security cameras and CBUS and he couldn't get it working either. I have since ordered an AXIS 241Q video server which I know will work with both CBUS and my Pronto Pro remote control. The camera I bought I was going to return to the seller (on eBay, they were happy to take it back), but the return postage to Hong Kong just wasn't economic. So the camera was put in the junk room and there it remains.

brodricj, Jan 10, 2010
  7. Rexie

NickD Moderator

My lovely wife bought me one for my birthday from a crowd called JJDigital.

They sell on ebay and also on their own site - for the same price :

http://www.jjdigital.com.au/product-spec.php?pid=52

I got the B2500IP, which claims to be an IP66 enclosure (looking at it I seriously doubt it would pass IP66 testing - it looks more like IP54, but should still be OK for outdoors).

The doco on this was also pretty light-on, but I found a URL for a static image after a few guesses : http://<address>/image.jpg

I haven't had any luck in finding a URL that gives an inverted image, which might be a problem when I come to mount it under the eaves outside :(

FWIW it also claims to have 850nm IR illumination. This may well be the wavelength of peak emission, but there is also enough chucked out in the visible spectrum that the LEDs are visible as a dull red in a dark room :( Not good if you're looking to keep the camera discreet.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    NickD, Jan 11, 2010
  8. Rexie

brodricj

Wow, pricey :eek: lucky you, my wife would never dream of buying me anything like that :(

If only Clipsal would OEM an IP camera that you could get working on the CTC without too much effort would make me :D

brodricj, Jan 12, 2010
  9. Rexie

fielder

Just bought an f-series IP camera on ebay and need some help PLEASE!
    I've got the software loaded and can pull the camera up going thru the IP camera finder but pulling up the Super Client it starts asking for logon and password. Did not receive owners manual with this so I guess I'm missing information needed. Need to know if there is a stardard pass codes so I can use the darn thing or just return it. I also won't work withoout being plugged up to the router.

fielder, Jun 17, 2010
Ask a Question