iOS App for Wiser for CBus Automation Controller

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by lcrowhurst, Jan 5, 2018.

1. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

I've been trying to find an app for the iPad that gives a good full screen web browser so that the SHAC is displayed full screen, without showing the address bar etc. The ones that I found never worked how I wanted. So finally over Xmas I had some time to write one myself, now its been 25 years since I've done any serious coding (back then Swift was a bird). Any way I've finally finished my version 1 and its now in the App Store :

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/ctc-wiser/id1330538372?mt=8

Once installed, go to the iOs settings and select CTC Wiser. In setting you can enter the :
    • ipaddress of your Wiser for CBus Automation Controller
    • port number if its not 80
    • select where you have to send a user and password to the controller
    • turn off the status bar at the top (this gives the iPad a full screen view)
    • change the colour of the status text (if displayed) between black or white
    • change the background colour at the top/bottom of the screen (useful to match controller background colour)
    • you can also select which type of screen is displayed depending on device orientation
    • When Portrait Touch is selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Portrait the Wiser will display the automatically generated control screen (touch)
    • When Portrait Touch is NOT selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Portrait the Wiser will display the Plan View
    • When Landscape Touch is selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Landscape the Wiser will display the automatically generated control screen (touch)
    • When Landscape Touch is NOT selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Landscape the Wiser will display the Plan View
    Any feed back would be appreciated, feature changes or additions etc

lcrowhurst, Jan 5, 2018
    matthewe2108, Mr Mark and DarylMc like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. lcrowhurst

Pie Boy

Had a quick play, good job works well,
    can you add 2 params for url
    one for local Lan and one For Wan ?

Pie Boy, Jan 16, 2018 at 3:59 AM
    1. Advertisements

3. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Thanks Pie Boy :D. Hopefully Ill have this in the next version. Im having trouble getting it to detect when it cant reach the internal url. As soon as I get it working I will update.

lcrowhurst, Jan 18, 2018 at 3:44 AM
  4. lcrowhurst

znelbok

dumb question - how to I get past the Support page that it starts with? (iPhone SE)

znelbok, Jan 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM
  5. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Go into Settings, select CTC Wiser and enter the ip address on the Shac(wiser for CBus) instead of my website CTC Wiser Support url address

lcrowhurst, Jan 20, 2018 at 7:16 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question