iOS App for Wiser for CBus Automation Controller

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by lcrowhurst, Jan 5, 2018.

1. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

I've been trying to find an app for the iPad that gives a good full screen web browser so that the SHAC is displayed full screen, without showing the address bar etc. The ones that I found never worked how I wanted. So finally over Xmas I had some time to write one myself, now its been 25 years since I've done any serious coding (back then Swift was a bird). Any way I've finally finished my version 1 and its now in the App Store :

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/ctc-wiser/id1330538372?mt=8

Once installed, go to the iOs settings and select CTC Wiser. In setting you can enter the :
    • ipaddress of your Wiser for CBus Automation Controller
    • port number if its not 80
    • select where you have to send a user and password to the controller
    • turn off the status bar at the top (this gives the iPad a full screen view)
    • change the colour of the status text (if displayed) between black or white
    • change the background colour at the top/bottom of the screen (useful to match controller background colour)
    • you can also select which type of screen is displayed depending on device orientation
    • When Portrait Touch is selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Portrait the Wiser will display the automatically generated control screen (touch)
    • When Portrait Touch is NOT selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Portrait the Wiser will display the Plan View
    • When Landscape Touch is selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Landscape the Wiser will display the automatically generated control screen (touch)
    • When Landscape Touch is NOT selected if the iPad/iPhone is placed in Landscape the Wiser will display the Plan View
    Any feed back would be appreciated, feature changes or additions etc

lcrowhurst, Jan 5, 2018
  2. lcrowhurst

Pie Boy

Had a quick play, good job works well,
    can you add 2 params for url
    one for local Lan and one For Wan ?

Pie Boy, Jan 16, 2018
  3. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Thanks Pie Boy :D. Hopefully Ill have this in the next version. Im having trouble getting it to detect when it cant reach the internal url. As soon as I get it working I will update.

lcrowhurst, Jan 18, 2018
  4. lcrowhurst

znelbok

dumb question - how to I get past the Support page that it starts with? (iPhone SE)

znelbok, Jan 19, 2018
  5. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Go into Settings, select CTC Wiser and enter the ip address on the Shac(wiser for CBus) instead of my website CTC Wiser Support url address

lcrowhurst, Jan 20, 2018
    Mr Mark likes this.
  6. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Just updates app to include LAN and WAN IP and port settings, you can also set it to change the colour of the background depending on if its on LAN or WAN. the App looks to see if the iPhone or iPad is connected to a WiFi network, if it is, it selects LAN (otherwise WAN) when you restart the App or change orientation. Note : if your on a Wifi network thats not connected to the same LAN as the Cbus Controller , you will have to switch of the Wifi on your iPhone/iPad .

lcrowhurst, Jan 23, 2018
  7. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

VCTC Wiser IOS App Version 1.3 now avaliable

Added Feature :

• You can now select a start page by entering the page number of the page you want it to start on.
    • A different page can be entered for both landscape and portrait.

So now if you have iPads in different rooms you can select a different start page for each iPad eg the iPad in the Kitchen starts at the Kitchen page and the iPad in the Master Bed starts at the Master Bed page.

It can also switch to a different page when the orientation changes, eg when the iPhone is in landscape it goes to the living room page and when the iPhone is in portrait it goes to a favourites page.

lcrowhurst, Feb 1, 2018
    Mr Mark likes this.
  8. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

CTC Wiser iOS Version 1.4 now avaliable

Support for iOS 10.3 and above, so now older devices are supported

Change :
    added coding so screen doesn't "Bounce"

lcrowhurst, Feb 8, 2018
    jboer likes this.
  9. lcrowhurst

Memphix

Thanks Laurence. Its a major improvement on using a standard web browser. Good additional features too.

I presume there is a way to detect if your on a local network or not, like with the Wiser2. Perhaps Clipsal can lend you some assistance on developing their product :cool:

Memphix, Feb 17, 2018
  10. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

The App detects if your on a wifi network, if your not then it uses the WAN settings. The negative of this is that if your on a wifi network but not the one with the nac/shac on it it will still use the wifi settings. Im thinking about adding the option of entering an SSID , if if doesnt find this the in uses WAN. This way if your not on the same wifi as the NAC/SHAC then it uses the WAN.

lcrowhurst, Feb 17, 2018
    daniel and Mr Mark like this.
  11. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Some new functionality Im looking at adding to the CTC app.

Giving it the ability to send and recieve text strings via TCP Sockets to the Wiser. Currently I have had to write some LUA script so that the Wiser can receive and send commands via TCP Sockets ( I believe this type of functionality may be built into the next version of the Wiser)

For example on the Wiser I have set it up so that it can receive :

"Set Light,2,255,0" which will turn on lighting group 2, at level 255(on) instantly (0 seconds)
    "Set Trigger,3,10" which will send a trigger group 3 command, at level 10
    "Get Light,2" which gets the current value of Lighting group 2

Ive put a couple of demos on youtube showing control of the wiser via the Today widget and via force touch widget

Demo 1

Demo 2

lcrowhurst, Mar 5, 2018
  12. lcrowhurst

Peter Yarrington

Hi Laurence

Love the app - thanks. I am having trouble getting remote access to my 5500SHAC. Th app works fine on the local network, but the connection is refused on the www. I have looked at the SHAC and enabled remote access, setup new users, changed the port in CBUS settings etc, all without success. The port 8080 is forwarded on my router and worked fine with my old Wiser and app. Am I missing something?

Peter Yarrington, May 18, 2018
  13. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

When you are on www is that via 4g or wifi at another location. If you are outside your home and you are connected via wifi to another router then, the app will try using wifi. You have to turn of Wifi so it then goes via 4g, have you tried this?

Also can you access the shac remotely via an standard web browser safari , internet explorer etc.

lcrowhurst, May 20, 2018
  14. lcrowhurst

Peter Yarrington

I'm not getting access when off the LAN. So ok locally but not when I go out through 4G (wifi off) or on a remote Wifi network.

I have forwarded the CNI port (10001) to the CNI internal IP address on the router but no joy. Are there other ports that need to be forwarded to the CNI address? On Wiser 1 it was 8080, 80, 8336-8337, 8888-8889 and 10001. I left these ports forwarded when I installed the 5500SHAC but still no remote access.

The user manual is not very helpful with remote access settings.

Peter Yarrington, May 22, 2018
  15. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Depending on your internet provider you can use port 80 for both internal and external, you just forward port 80 to the internal ip address of the Shac/nac. In the app setting enter the Wan ip address (you www facing ip address) and the port you are forwarding. If port 80 is being blocked by the ISP then try another port eg 8080. You can they either in the router forward port 8080 (external port) to port 80 (internal port) , or add a second port to the SHac/nac under System/services/Http Server. No other port need to be forwarded.

For access externally wifi must be turned off.

lcrowhurst, May 22, 2018
  16. lcrowhurst

Peter Yarrington

Thanks Laurence.

The HTTP server setting did the trick. Much appreciated.

Peter Yarrington, May 23, 2018
  17. lcrowhurst

philthy

I'm looking for a solution to remove the need to login every time the user opens the page, and I'm hoping this app solves this issue, it appears in the latest ios version, I cant save the url with the login and password, are you running this app on the latest ios version,
    does the app store the login to remove the need to login each time they access it?

philthy, Jun 7, 2018
  18. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

This is why I wrote the app. You set the nac/shac ip address/user name/password and a few other setting , in the Setting app on the phone/ipad. So that when you open the app on the iphone/ipad it goes straight to the app logs in an shows you either the smart view or the ipad view.

Yes this app runs on the lates version of iOS 11 (and it runs on iOS 12 beta).

Yes it stores the username and password .

PM me if you want more info.

It also sync setting across iOS devices so you can enter them on one device and it the sync accros the other devices.
    You can change the icon representing the app (using the built in icons)

hide the status bar (makes the iPad look more like a full touch screen)

Select a different mode in landscape/portrait eihter display Smart phone mode or no smart phone mode.

Have it displace a specific page when you switch between lanscape/portrait.

A Today/Force Touch Widget that can send text strings to the NAC/SHAC

lcrowhurst, Jun 8, 2018
    philthy likes this.
  19. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

This page shows you the setting options available for my CTC Wiser app

http://crowhurst.com.au/scada-vis/

PS. just in testing stage at the moment but using the new Webkit available in WatchOS 5 I can display the SHAC/NAC screen on an Apple Watch :)

lcrowhurst, Jun 8, 2018
  20. lcrowhurst

philthy

yep I have installed it allready and the customer loves it, Great App.

philthy, Jul 2, 2018
Ask a Question